Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2005, 04:33 PM
Tom Gorman

Default Pride of America

My wife and I are going on a cruise on this boat this fall. Anyone going in July/August on the first cruises? How about some feedback.

gorman@alltel.net
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2005, 04:55 PM
Single Mom

Default Re: Pride of America

We sailed the Hawaiian Islands in May on the Pride of Aloha. I can tell you this, the islands are gorgeous. Book your own rental cars on the islands and venture out on your own. This is the way to do it!!! Rental shuttles are at each pier waiting to take you to the cars - average $30 a day for prebooked cars on the islands.

If you have any questions, I would be glad to help you out.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 10:05 PM
Tom Gorman

Default Re: Re: Pride of America

Thanks for the info, we can't wait.
Old July 4th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Pride of America

Hi.....I know first hand that this is one of the most spectacular itineraries on earth. If you look on CruiseMates' home page, you'll find an excellent story about the ship written by a journalist who spent a short time aboard her.

I only had a few hours to tour her and this is my impression: thumbs down on the decor but she's spacious, lots of restaurants and nice cabins. The spa is stunning.

What I found on my Pride of Aloha cruise -- the same itinerary you'll have -- is the ship spends so much time in port, including two overnights, that the ship is secondary. The real focus is Hawaii. Very different from the Caribbean or Mexico.

No matter if you agree about the decor (dark, formal early America), I assume you'll have a fabulous time. The Islands grab your attention away from the flaws of the ship, at least they did for me.

www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.