Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Passenger

Default Disembarkation in Boston?

I need to arrange a time for our limo to pick us up at the Black Falcon Pier after our cruise to Bermuda (no flight needed this time!) The brochure says disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking, which brings us to 9:00am. Would this be too early for the limo to arrive? I need to get off and home ASAP due to other obligations. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:42 PM
kristen25

Default Re: Disembarkation in Boston?

I am going in july on the majesty and we told the limo to be there at 10.....Last year when we went the disembarkement went by the floor you are on from top to bottom....Things do go really fast Hope this helps

Kristen
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:02 AM
First Mate

You can arrange for early disembarkation. There is express disembarkation if you want to take your own luggage off of the ship.
Old June 26th, 2005, 09:36 AM
MaureenR

We also plan to take this same cruise from Boston (but in October)..we plan to park at the port.. wondering if we need to worry about leaving our car there for 8 days? How high is the risk of vandalism in Boston anyways? PS - we're from Canada, so not familiar with Boston's crime rate.
Old June 27th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Disembarkation in Boston?

No need to worry if you are planning on parking your vehicle at the Terminal.....it is a very safe area. There are a few construction projects going on there right now (a few hotels are being built) but there is not a high crime rate in that area. I worked for the Seaport Hotel (right beside the pier) for many years. Hope this eases your mind.
Old June 27th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

MaureenR, we've done it twice now, and never had any problems. We've never heard anything negative at all. We're taking another cruise this August out of Boston and parking there. Also another one in May '06, where we'll be parking there for several days. It's $10 a day, FYI.
Old June 29th, 2005, 12:59 PM
MaureenR

Thank you so much ! This really does ease our minds... We're definately looking forward to it.. Does anyone have any info on the Majesty they can share with me? I want to learn all I can before we go.. this is our first cruise.. :o)
Old July 4th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Parrot Mom

As a Bostonian I must tell you cruising out of Boston is a dream compared to Miami. First, you get the FRIENDLY longshoremen to unload your luggage...then park your car in the secure garage...and meanwhile you walk across the road to the Black Falcon Pier...simple and easy..As for disembarking..yes it goes by colored tags...and the shipdocks somewhere about 7:00a.m. and once they call your color your all set..or you can sit and have a long breakfast...After we leave the ship, get the car and load the luggage we are home never later than 11:00 a.m. Oh yes... The Mass. State Troopers must find this a cream puff job..as they are so helpful... 10:00 sounds fine for the limo service..we are usually on Deck 6 or 8...