Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default NCL Star: Pay restaurants formal on Freestyle Formal Night?

I will be sailing on Norwegian Star to Alaska and plan on leaving the tux and suit behind and only plan on taking a sport jacket and tie. I understand that one dining room is designated Formal on one night of the cruise. Are the pay restaurants also designated formal on that evening? I've sailed Freestyle before but always did a dark suit for Le Bistro.

Thanks,
Mike (Taking a walk on the wild side)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:10 PM
shoreguy

Default Re: NCL Star: Pay restaurants formal on Freestyle Formal Nig

Nope - if you have a jacket you will be dressed better then 50%. You can if you want even leave the tie at home. The choice is yours. It is Freestyle
Old June 21st, 2005, 12:51 AM
Annie Dudley

Shoreguy,

We are sailing on the Star to Mexico next year. I was wondering about the freestyle dining and large groups. Any suggestions to get reservations together? Is it difficult?

Thanks

Annie
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:10 AM
shoreguy

You can make reservations for large groups in any of the main resturants. Stop by on the first day and let them know what nights you wish to eat as a group. You will need to eat at none peak times. Normally they provide you a choice of 5:30 or 8:30 in order to be able to hanndle the freestyle peak from 7-8 pm.

With all the choices you may find the group wanting to break up into smaller groups and eating in different resturants. If you decide not to use your reservation all they ask is for you to let them know.
Old June 21st, 2005, 11:25 PM
Annie Dudley

Thanks Shoreguy :o)

Annie