Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2004, 09:34 PM
rnking

Default NCL DAwn Kids Program

Is the kids program a yeah or nay on NCL Dawn?????
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Passenger

Default Re: NCL DAwn Kids Program

I was on the Dawn in May and even though I was not traveling with children I did take notice regarding the seperate play and pool area which I thought was really cute. Also in the buffet area there was a seperate place for children along with special food and chairs.
Old August 4th, 2004, 03:33 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: NCL DAwn Kids Program

my six year-old niece didn't like it (and she loves playing with kids, etc.) but I know alot of kids do like it. To each their own, I guess.
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Beginner

Yes there is, I didnt have any kids actually involved in it on our sailing 7/18 but we did see them with the counselors a few times, actually they came into the Stardust Lounge I think on the last night and sang there way through, the kids were really excited to perform in front of everyone, we all clapped and yelled, it was really cute. And the other times we seen the children they all looked really happy. They were a mixture of ages.
Old August 7th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Dan p

We took our grandchildren on the Dawn last year,they loved it to the point they wanted to go everynight.We took them to early dinner and was able to go to dinner with my daughter and son in law.We had to pick the kids up by 10.And there was no charge for the service day or night.If you were to ask my grandkids they would say YES.BTW they were 8 and 6.
Old August 8th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jimscott3

We'd vote nay. Both our 2 kids didn't like the program and would not go back after the first day. There were hundreds of kids registered, but no more than 20-30 there ever. I don't think we were the only ones with kids who didn't want to go back.

Resons for dissatisfaction:
1. Unfriendly councilors (actually, surly). They seem untrained and all very inexperienced.
2. Lack of activities/programs (unless you think watching TV and playin duck-duck-goose over and over are 'activities')
3. The kids space is actually pretty small.

We are doing RCL this year because of their kids program. We won't return to NCL until our kids are grown.

(And we might, then. The Dawn is a very pretty ship, well laid out and fun for adults. We reccomend it other than for kids!)

BTW, the kids pool area *is* really nice and my kids had a blast there with us. But the pool is not part of the kids program so plan on supervising them there yourself. (In theory, there is a kids program person there 'supervising' but the person was only there some of the time and only sat reading a book and never looked up to see what was happening...)

RCL Voyager of the Seas, 10/7/05
RCL Explorer of the Seas, 10/6/06