Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2004, 05:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default picking a stateroom

i'm trying to book a stateroom on the spirit i'm thinking middle of the ship, but can't decide ( right or left side ) or which deck ( 9, 10, or 11 ) oh this is for a cruise to alaska !

tks Dean
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2004, 04:53 PM
StacL

Default Re: picking a stateroom

Dean,

For Alaska, I would ensure I had a balcony. The sights you'll see cruising through Alaska shouldn't be missed at any time of the day. Mid-ship is good if you're concerned about the movement. When choosing a deck level, get the deck plan and find out what is above and below you. You don't want to be under the disco!! Or, next door to the elevators or Kids clup rooms. Other then that, you should be good to go.

Have a great cruise.

Stac
Old September 13th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Cecil

We took the Sun in June of 2003 to Alaska. It is one cruise the balcony is very important if you can swing it. Port side for Glacier Bay was best because the ship takes that bay on that side. You come into the bay in mid-morning and can almost touch the glaciers they are so close. It takes a few hours to "stroll" by them all. We were mid deck and felt very little movement, save the trip back in the Pacific that we hit a storm with gale force winds. The ship rode it amazingly well, but we were too late into BC to take our tour....I noticed that they were taking the inside passage back this year. Wonder if that had anything to do with it?

We did go to the dining room (buffet) during lunch and the windows were very crowded and it was impossible to find a table. We ended up eating at a bar in the sport's bar. All the dining rooms were crowded on that particular day. Might be a good time for the free room service and balcony viewing all the way. It really is a spectacular view.

I believe we were on deck 9. The only minor problem in the room was while we were still in port in Seatlle, we could smell the refuse tanks. That smell went away as soon as we were underway a bit and we never smelled it for the rest of the trip.

Have a great time!
Old September 13th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Cecil

We took the Sun in June of 2003 to Alaska. It is one cruise the balcony is very important if you can swing it. Port side for Glacier Bay was best because the ship takes that bay on that side. You come into the bay in mid-morning and can almost touch the glaciers they are so close. It takes a few hours to "stroll" by them all. We were mid deck and felt very little movement, save the trip back in the Pacific that we hit a storm with gale force winds. The ship rode it amazingly well, but we were too late into BC to take our tour....I noticed that they were taking the inside passage back this year. Wonder if that had anything to do with it?

We did go to the dining room (buffet) during lunch and the windows were very crowded and it was impossible to find a table. We ended up eating at a bar in the sport's bar. All the dining rooms were crowded on that particular day. Might be a good time for the free room service and balcony viewing all the way. It really is a spectacular view.

I believe we were on deck 9. The only minor problem in the room was while we were still in port in Seatlle, we could smell the refuse tanks. That smell went away as soon as we were underway a bit and we never smelled it for the rest of the trip.

Have a great time!
Old September 13th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Cecil

Have a great time!
Old September 13th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Cecil

Have a great time!
Old September 14th, 2004, 01:55 PM
the nicholsons

dean
We had an inside stateroom on deck 10 on our trip on the spirit in august. We found it fine, as we chose to spend a lot of time on deck in order to see the wonderful views all around. We were just forward of the front lifts... very quiet and not a lot of movement felt.
We had a great time and really enjoyed this, our first cruise. I will be happy to answer any further questions you may have, on the spirit. When are you going?