Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Steve3

Default Dawn Lawsuit

The rogue wave cruise now has its first alw suits. Over a hundred million is sought! For what exactly, I don't know.
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2005, 04:00 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Dawn Lawsuit

Apparently getting seasick while on a ship is grounds for legal action. Seriously though it's always unfortunate when people have to deal with really rough seas but I thought NCL offered VERY generous compensation for the vageries of Mother Nature - money back and a discount on a subsequent cruise.
Old June 15th, 2005, 05:07 PM
American Pride

Goes to show you how self centered and selfish some people are. Why do they think these things are called acts of god? Investigations done by several US and Bahamian agencies have cleared NCL and the Manaagement of the Dawn of negligence and wrongdoing. The next sound you hear should be those people pulling their heads out of their........Oh never mind.........You cant win when people would rather litigate than earn an honest living.
Old June 15th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Don Clark

They ought to be happy they survived the killer wave. Since the Coast Guard supported the captain, I don't see how they'll win anything..... Read the fine print, the one thing the captain doesn't have control of is the weather.....
Old June 15th, 2005, 09:49 PM
nmnita

this has been discussed so much and finally deleted on another board. It is sad, but here will always be those out there that think they can get a quick few bucks, or maybe they really feel they were put in the harms way. of couse there will always be the lawyers there to jump on the bandwagon. My personal opinion which isn't really worth much is: 1-the entire situation was investigated and everyone was cleared of wrong doing as well as those who had their cabins flooded are not part of the law suit. That certainly tells me something. NMnita
Old June 16th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Now I understand why everyone always puts the word "stupid" with "lawyers". How stupid do you have to be to see this is a losing case. Or could it just be simple harassment.

Old June 17th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Ginamarie

Paul, this is the type of lawsuit that just pisses me off. My guess is that the lawyers are getting involved more for publicity than anything else.
Old June 17th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

In most cases, these kinds of lawsuits make the attorneys rich, but this is a loosing case, its sad

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Can someone point me to the US and Bahamian reports? I would like to see what they say.

thanks,

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14