Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Default POA

I am scheduled to go on the POA the end of March 2005 and am getting very concerned about all I have been reading. Is it possible these problems will be corrected by then or would I be better off canceling this trip now.
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2004, 08:13 PM
John Tee

Default Re: POA

I would monitor the reviews of real people who have actually taking the POA (and ignore all the NCL Appoligists who earn a living involved with the cruise industry) and monitor real results. Are the waits for dinner getting under an hour (much less the current 2 I am hearing about now), is the Buffet better (are the eggs actually cooked), are dinners arriving in a timely manner? Are the Bars fully staffed? etc etc etc.

If things don't get a lot better in two months I think you know what I would do.
Old August 30th, 2004, 08:19 PM
NCL Employee

CJ, I work aboard the POA and March is a long way away. I have seen things get better weekly and I truly believe that by March we will have our act together (so much so I am returning for my 3rd contract). I am a front line person and work directly with our guests and the complaints are starting to subside and things do seem to be getting better. Please understand we are less then 3 months old and ALL of us are working to see this vessel SUCCEED! Stay patient and if you want an HONEST opinion about ANY facet of the ship just PM me, Mahalo
Old August 30th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Bandman

Thanks NCL employee.
Keep all of us posted. It would be good to hear what is going on from your perspective.
Old August 30th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Mike Fast

Default Re: Re: POA

Thank you so much for your posting. We are booked on the POA for May 1 of 2005. I am confident that the problems will be solved and the way it sounds to me, most of the problems are from being short handed. Is that a good observation? and is the ship working to get the staff up to the level it is supposed to be? Also, I believe the main problem is the waiting time to the main restaurant. Is this time gettin less? we are a group from the First Baptist Church in Houston, Tx. and there are between 30 and 40 of us going to be on the ship. If you could just e-mail me with a few of your personal observations, I'd appreciate it. Thank you very much.
Old August 30th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: POA

NCL Employee - tried to email you my email keeps coming back to me. Am on POA this Sunday, any advice? Thanks.
Old August 31st, 2004, 06:36 AM
NCL Employee

I messed up when I entered my email addy....email away PEACE and MAHALO