Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:17 AM
CeeCee

Default Tenders

Since someone mentioned tenders (with dread) in another thread, that reminded me to ask this question. I'm curious about the tenders -- the size, how many people can go on board, how difficult it is to enter and exit, the average distance one might travel from ship to shore on a tender, etc. the availability of the tenders when a port requires such, etc. Don't laugh...I'm picturing a row boat so please, help me out here:-) If you have any comments specific to the Star, all the better!
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Tenders

CeeCee,

No rowboats here...lol. A tender is a boat that carries between 50 and 100 people from ship to shore. The amount of time on the tender varies by how far from the dock the ship is, sea conditions, etc. Don't know specifically about the Star, as I don't go aboard until december, but the only tender port I had last time I was on this itinerary was Cabo. The tenders took approximately 10-15 minutes each way.

Hope this helps,

Bill

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
Mark Twain
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Captain

Default Tenders

Waiting to get on the tenders, and the fact that they make it harder to get on and off the ship quickly while in port can be a real pain.

That said...once aboard the tenders I find them quite fun. A great perspective of the size of the cruise ship as you leave and approach on the tender. Low to the water and bumpy....quite a ride.