CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Hilton Hawaiin Village Beach Resort (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/219352-hilton-hawaiin-village-beach-resort.html)

Merg55 September 25th, 2004 08:55 PM

Hilton Hawaiin Village Beach Resort

Has anyone that has gone of the POA stayed at Hilton's Hawaiin Village Beach Resort?
We have made plans for our pre-cruise stay. Any comments appreciated.

newmexicoNita September 25th, 2004 10:03 PM

Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village Beach Resort

I have not gone on POA but have stayed at Hilton Hawaiin Village 3 times or maybe 4. You couldn't make a better choice. If you have an option try to get in the Rainbow tower or Tapa, but not the Diamond. Of course there is the Aliie tower, but forget it; we are talking big bucks there. While on the property splurge and eat at the Chinese reataurant in the Rainbow tower; pricey but the best we have had. Even better than Hong Kong. Great food, better atmosphere. This is indeed a resort!!!

NMNita

madisonsmom September 26th, 2004 09:19 AM

I have been told that the HHV has gone downhill from my travel agent. We stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki on the beach and its was incredible. Three great places to eat. If you have a chance to eat at the Top of Waikiki you should. The food is great at it was very reasonable and the restaurant turns while you are eating and you get a wonderful view of Waikiki.

newmexicoNita September 26th, 2004 02:05 PM

Well if has gone down hill many who have stayed there before cruising the Star last year and the Wind this year haven't been told that. NMNita

Donna September 26th, 2004 03:24 PM

Hi Merg,
We have stayed there and is very nice, they have a few different pools, plus a nice beach. You really can't go wrong staying there, you'll be close to shopping and public transportation too. I'd love to go back there and stay there again.

Merg55 September 26th, 2004 05:37 PM

Re: Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village Beach Resort

Thank you all,

NWNita, We do have a room in the Aliie but on the garden side (Expedia had the room for $50 dollars more than their cheapest rooms. ) We have rented a condo on the North shore for 5 days and then to the Hilton for 3 before we take the cruise.

Appreciate all your suggestions

Merg55

NCL First Timer September 26th, 2004 07:44 PM

I stayed at the HWV after my July 4th cruise on the POA...The hotel was impressive...as was the beach. However it reminded me a great deal of Miami beach (big hotels right on the beach).

Before the cruise we enjoyed the Maririot at Ko'Olina much better...better rooms, better views, better beaches (nice lagoons)...Its just that it's quite away from everything on Oahu...

newmexicoNita September 26th, 2004 09:24 PM

Aliie tower; wow!!! You absolutely can not go wrong and one of the biggest advantages to staying at the Hilton is the beach; there are only a handfull of hotels right on the beach, most people do not realize this. NCL first timer; you are right about it being a bit like Miami Beach, but the grounds are just so impressive in my opinion. NMNita

bankofdad September 27th, 2004 11:22 AM

We spent a week at the HHV with our three children last summer, and had a great time. The beach in front of the hotel is off the beaten path for the most part, so it wasn't as crowded as those areas closer to Dimond Head (like near the Sheraton in particular). While the hotel does in some ways remind me of the Fontainbleau Hilton on Miami Beach, IMHO the beach is much nicer, and the grounds more lush. We we're in the Rainbow tower, Diamond head side, and had a great view (if I recall correctly we were up on the fifteenth floor with a balcony). Nice fireworks display on Friday nights.

Great place to relax around the pool and have a few cold ones. We thought service in the hotel complex was great, much much better than the Fontainbleau (which I feel has gone WAY downhill in recent years), but again IMHO, the food quality at the resort's restaurants were not that great considering what we thought were extremely high prices, even for Waikiki (and we're not at all picky, however, we did not try the Chinese restaurant). Fortunately, there are a lot of other good restaurants in the area that you can easily walk to. For Christmas last year we sent my parents there for (9) days, and they loved it (their first time in Hawaii).

You'll have fun here. Great place to relax!

Merg55 October 15th, 2004 09:06 PM

countdown test

Merg55 October 15th, 2004 09:08 PM

Re: Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village Beach Resort

second attempt to get the countdown clock ;(