Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Familiar Face

Default Hilton Hawaiin Village Beach Resort

Has anyone that has gone of the POA stayed at Hilton's Hawaiin Village Beach Resort?
We have made plans for our pre-cruise stay. Any comments appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2004, 10:03 PM
newmexicoNita

Default Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village Beach Resort

I have not gone on POA but have stayed at Hilton Hawaiin Village 3 times or maybe 4. You couldn't make a better choice. If you have an option try to get in the Rainbow tower or Tapa, but not the Diamond. Of course there is the Aliie tower, but forget it; we are talking big bucks there. While on the property splurge and eat at the Chinese reataurant in the Rainbow tower; pricey but the best we have had. Even better than Hong Kong. Great food, better atmosphere. This is indeed a resort!!!

NMNita
Old September 26th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Passenger

I have been told that the HHV has gone downhill from my travel agent. We stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki on the beach and its was incredible. Three great places to eat. If you have a chance to eat at the Top of Waikiki you should. The food is great at it was very reasonable and the restaurant turns while you are eating and you get a wonderful view of Waikiki.
Old September 26th, 2004, 02:05 PM
newmexicoNita

Well if has gone down hill many who have stayed there before cruising the Star last year and the Wind this year haven't been told that. NMNita
Old September 26th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Merg,
We have stayed there and is very nice, they have a few different pools, plus a nice beach. You really can't go wrong staying there, you'll be close to shopping and public transportation too. I'd love to go back there and stay there again.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 26th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village Beach Resort

Thank you all,

NWNita, We do have a room in the Aliie but on the garden side (Expedia had the room for $50 dollars more than their cheapest rooms. ) We have rented a condo on the North shore for 5 days and then to the Hilton for 3 before we take the cruise.

Appreciate all your suggestions

Merg55
Old September 26th, 2004, 07:44 PM
NCL First Timer

I stayed at the HWV after my July 4th cruise on the POA...The hotel was impressive...as was the beach. However it reminded me a great deal of Miami beach (big hotels right on the beach).

Before the cruise we enjoyed the Maririot at Ko'Olina much better...better rooms, better views, better beaches (nice lagoons)...Its just that it's quite away from everything on Oahu...
Old September 26th, 2004, 09:24 PM
newmexicoNita

Aliie tower; wow!!! You absolutely can not go wrong and one of the biggest advantages to staying at the Hilton is the beach; there are only a handfull of hotels right on the beach, most people do not realize this. NCL first timer; you are right about it being a bit like Miami Beach, but the grounds are just so impressive in my opinion. NMNita
Old September 27th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Passenger

We spent a week at the HHV with our three children last summer, and had a great time. The beach in front of the hotel is off the beaten path for the most part, so it wasn't as crowded as those areas closer to Dimond Head (like near the Sheraton in particular). While the hotel does in some ways remind me of the Fontainbleau Hilton on Miami Beach, IMHO the beach is much nicer, and the grounds more lush. We we're in the Rainbow tower, Diamond head side, and had a great view (if I recall correctly we were up on the fifteenth floor with a balcony). Nice fireworks display on Friday nights.

Great place to relax around the pool and have a few cold ones. We thought service in the hotel complex was great, much much better than the Fontainbleau (which I feel has gone WAY downhill in recent years), but again IMHO, the food quality at the resort's restaurants were not that great considering what we thought were extremely high prices, even for Waikiki (and we're not at all picky, however, we did not try the Chinese restaurant). Fortunately, there are a lot of other good restaurants in the area that you can easily walk to. For Christmas last year we sent my parents there for (9) days, and they loved it (their first time in Hawaii).

You'll have fun here. Great place to relax!

CCL Paradise 3/03
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 8/03
CCL Fantasy 4/04
NCL Pride of Aloha 10/17/04
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 4/9/05
Celebrity Horizon (Bermuda) 10/12/05
Old October 15th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Familiar Face

countdown test

Voyager of the Seas
Old October 15th, 2004, 09:08 PM