CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   NCL Star Mexican Riviera 1/24/05 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/219358-ncl-star-mexican-riviera-1-24-05-a.html)

marilynd September 25th, 2004 11:43 AM

NCL Star Mexican Riviera 1/24/05

Anyone joining my husband and I on this cruise !!!

Time to start gathering people.

Look forward to a nice warm break from the January cold weather.

marilynd October 18th, 2004 11:49 AM

Re: NCL Star Mexican Riviera 1/24/05

It has been awhile since I posted for fellow travelers.

Anyone else on this cruise !!!!!

Mariyn

marilynd November 8th, 2004 07:54 PM

Ok lets try this again. Anyone my DH and I on this cruise. I know of at least 6 other people. But were are the cruisemates on this cruise.

Marilyn

marilynd January 11th, 2005 09:57 AM

Re: Re: NCL Star Mexican Riviera 1/24/05

Since the time draws near, I thought I would try again one more time.

Anyone joining us on the Star in a little less than two weeks?

Marilynd

david layden January 19th, 2005 02:28 AM

hallo!...

yes..i will be aboard with my family..

my first cruise.....i am kinda excited.....

marilynd January 21st, 2005 09:04 PM

Hello David

There are several of us from another message board that are meeting onboard.

We are meeting on Day 2 at the Bier Garten on Dec k 13 or 14 at 4:30.

How many in your family ?

There is myself and my husband. Let the rest of the family home this time.

Hope to meet you onboard.

It's getting very close.

Marilyn

david layden January 21st, 2005 10:16 PM

hello again marilyn!

i will be more than happy to meet you at that place, that time...

travelling with will be my momma, my aunt and her granddaughter, my cousin and her husband and 2 children, my uncle and his wife and another one of his daughters and her young son.......so..a LOT!

i am kinda excited...have not packed yet...not really sure what to put in there besides clothes..some books to read...a blank journal....maybe some antacid....

so day 2 will be tuesday right?

what excursions are you thinking about?

i want to do the tile/glass factory one...well mostly the ones where you can drink and relax........

you take care!

marilynd January 22nd, 2005 12:47 PM

Hello David

Glad you will be joining us.

Something you may want to pack is a power strip and an extension cord. The staterooms usually only have one US outlet.

I also pack a highlighter pen for marking what I want to do on the Daily activity sheet they give you each morning.

I haven't booked any excursions yet because my husband speaks Spanish and we may go on our own. I do think we will try to book the Whale watching in Cabo.

See you on board. That is Tuesday that we will meet. I will be wearing a Burgandy knit pants suit on Tuesday.

See you then.

Marilyn

Gloria January 22nd, 2005 03:36 PM

Problems posting to this site, hope you read this before the ship sails! My husband and I will be on the Star 1/24 also. We are from Milwaukee and hope to get out of here in time. Terrible snow storm. I read where the Bier Garten is a scheduled meeting place. I will look for you (burgundy knit pant suit, right?). I will check back this evening to see if there are any other responses. We factored in an extra day anticipating bad weather and we got it. We will fly to Los Angeles tomorrow, hopefully! Looking forward to warm weather.

david layden January 22nd, 2005 04:36 PM

thanks for the tip marilyn!....

will be nice to meet you too gloria.....i will probably be wearing my "i enjoy drinking beer" t-shirt....i'll be easy to spot that way.....

i am also planning on doing the cabo whale watching thing...

i grew up in milwaukee.....probably the coldest i have ever been.....it always seemed so bleak there....

i am in orange county...about 40 miles south of los angeles.....the weather is pretty decent right now...

david

Peebeegee February 12th, 2005 07:01 AM

I've just signed up to do the same cruise next February and would be more than interested to hear any comments you have. Are you planning on writing a review? BTW where is the NCL cruise terminal in LA? We are doing our own thing and having a few nights in Las Vegas prior to flying home to the U.K. and will need to make our own way to LAX.
Cheers. Paul

marilynd February 13th, 2005 06:08 PM

I have thought about posting a review but I was ill with an infection and I spent a couple of days too sick to get off the ship and do more than sit or sleep in the cabin. I could write a limited review but I think I will just open myself up for questions.

The terminal is in the city of San Pedro. I would advice getting to San Pedro the evening before the cruise and staying at a hotel that has a shuttle to the pier the next morning. We stayed at the Marina Hotel and it was not a great room but they did have a shuttle to the pier and we were able to park our car at the hotel for the time we were gone. I have also stayed at the Sheraton in San Pedro and they also have a shuttle to the pier.

The weather was great. It was nice and sunny at all of the ports. It was actually a little hot in Acapulco.

jEWING February 15th, 2005 02:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: NCL Star Mexican Riviera 1/24/05

WE ARE GOING ON THIS SAME CRUISE NEXT FEB 5. I FOUND A LOAD OF REVEIWS AT THIS WEB SITE http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...hip&ShipID=198

newmexicoNita February 15th, 2005 05:15 PM

I am so sorry you were sick; what a bummer. For those who are looking for a hotel with shuttle service, along with Sheradon the Hilton offers shuttle service. It is a little away from the main part of town, is an older property but reminds of something from picture of the second world war (I don't mean the hotel is bad, just the opposite) I just could almost see Humphey swimming in the pool or Clark having a drink at the bar. NMNita