Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Default NCL Star Cabin Layout

My family is sailing on the Star on 12/15 and I have been searching for a cabin layout view of the Pethouse suite cat AB cabin 11030 or similar. There are various virual tours and pictures, but I can't find a true floorplan.

I was given a great price for this cabin, and we are thinking of taking a friend of my 11 year old son with us, and I want to make sure the cabin has enough room for 2 adults and 2 growing boys.

I am fairly excited about returning to NCL.....My first NCL cruise was on the Starward in 1974 and my last was on the Seaward (now the Sea) eleven years ago. I am just coming off 2 RCCL cruises this year and I hope to make a fair comparison of the different lines.

Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Default Re: NCL Star Cabin Layout

I have not been on the Star yet. I am booked for Jan. 2005. I have been on the Dawn twice. The Dawn is a sister ship of the Star and the suite layouts are the same.

The AB Penthouse suite is great. I have been in 11050 twice. When you enter from the hallway there is a little private hall way inside the suite. To the left on that hallway is the extra (childrens) bedroom. That is really an inside cabin. There is a couch that makes into a nice size bed and a pullman bed that comes down over the other bed. There is a nice size bathroom and closet space. I have taken two of my teenage and older children on the cruises and they have had plenty of room in the children's cabin. This room opens with your regular room key.

The livingroom/diningroom part of the suite is great. There is plenty of room for 4 people to sit at the table or on chairs and sofa in livingroom. Etched french doors open into the master suite. What out because these doors are a bit transparent.
The doors lead into the large bathroom/ dressing area. The master bed is behind some curtains off the dressing area. Just as you have seen in the videos.

Beware ! ! There is a window at the whirlpool bathtub that looks onto the balcony. The shower also has a glass window that can be seen from the balcony. There are blinds but they are very thin and don't block out much. We had post it notes with us and we put a "do not go on balcony' on the sliding door when we used the tub or shower.

You will love that suite. The services of the Butler is wonderful.
Old September 18th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Default Re: NCL Star Cabin Layout

Thanks...that is what I need to know. I want to make sure that there is plenty of room for both boys and us.

ab, cruise, cruiseline, family, floorplan, inside, layout, line, ncl, norwegian, people, room, star, stateroom, suite