Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2004, 01:43 PM
SRN

Default shore excursions not booked on the ship????

Does any one have information on the reliability and quality of shore excursions that are offered at the ports of Roatan Bay and Belize? I was hoping to save some money and use a cheaper company for our excursions. Can any one make any recommendations or comments as to how good some of these tours can be or not be? Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2004, 03:19 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation
Default Re: shore excursions not booked on the ship????

I sent you 2 links, try those.

Darrell

June 4, 20004 American Queen
November 20, 2004RCCL Grandeur/Seas
January 29, 2005 Carnival Sensation
September 11, 2006 Carnival Holiday
Old October 11th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Admiral

There is limited infrastructure for cruiseline passengers but there are some available. Just remember that you often get what what you pay for. When you book on your own you ARE on your own. If you get tied up or run late the ship will not wait for your tour like the ships tour. If they do not deliver what they promise you have no way to protest. You have no gty that safety requirements are met or that they have insurance. Mostly they do not which is why the cruiselines do not use them. Yes the cruiselines do charge a little more but you do get what you pay for. I will also agree that many people do take independant tours and do quite well for themselves and I have done so myself but I NEVER recommend any of them to be on the safe side.
Jim

Old October 12th, 2004, 11:26 AM
newmexicoNita

SRN, We nearly always book thru the net or after arriving at a port. If the tour is more than 4 or 5 hours we will use the ship just to make sure we get back in time. We did one in Dominica a few years ago and barely made it back. Talk about a nervous wreck: we cut that one way to short. As for Roatan, we have used the ship, we have booked after departing the ship and this time we will use Salt and Peppers which we did over the net, but no payments or anything required. Belize: I wish I could remember the name of the company not to use; we had the worst experience of our lives booking a tour via the net. It was a good thing all 12 of us had senses of humor cause we sure had to laugh and I had set it up. I would know if I saw the company again: think it was something like Bill someone. Good luck anyway. You do have better protection using the ship tours, but save money and have a more personalized trip if you book independently. NMNita