Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to ASUWife
Default Star to the Mexican Riviera, January 8...roll call!

Who else is going? We can't wait! This will be our second time on the Star, but our first time to Mexico.

Becky
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Star to the Mexican Riviera, January 8...roll call!

Becky,

We are going on tne Star December 15, I will try to have my review posted by then...have a great trip!!!
Bill

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
Mark Twain
Old October 17th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Captain

DEAR ASU WIFE,
WE'RE GOING ON THE STAR IN NOVEMBER WOULD LOVE SOME FEED BACK. I'M CURIOUS AS TO HOW THE DINING OPTIONS WHERE YOU PAY A COVER WORK. IS IT JUST THE COVER OR IS IT A COVER PLUS PER ITEM COST OF WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO EAT. I'VE READ SEVERAL PEOPLE APPLAUD THE STEAK HOUSE. WE ALSO ARE WONDERING ABOUT DANCING. ARE THERE SEVERAL OPTIONS AVAILABLE. ALSO FORMAL NIGHTS, CAPTIANS PARTY ETC. YOU KNOW JUST EVERYTHING YOU KNOW.
THANKS FOR THE HELP
RON & SUSAN
LEAVING NOV 21,20004 HOPE TO MEET SOME OF YOU THERE.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 11:14 AM
Xoe

We'll be on the Star's 1/8 trip also, celebrating a Significant Birthday. I've been on the Star once (Hawaii April 2002) and loved it. Freestyle is refreshingly relaxed -- we liked it! I chose this itinerary over others offered because I have long wanted to see Zihuatanejo. Can't wait!
Old October 23rd, 2004, 04:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa (a resort about five miles away) are both very nice areas.. Try to vist them both if you can.. There are tours to both places and I think it is the same tour.. After the tour get off the bus in Zihuatanejo and walk around the town (it's safe).. Then there is only a short walk back to the ship (1/4 mile).. The ship docks at a pier that is almost right in town.OM
Old December 8th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to ASUWife

Hi..I'm pushing this back up to the top in hopes of attracting some other passengers! I am starting to count the days now.

Anybody else driving to LA? We found a Park and Cruise package at the San Pedro Holiday Inn that was too good to pass up. Room, parking, transfer to and from the pier, champagne and breakfast for $149. Parking at the pier would cost about $100, so we think we got a deal. Not to mention the that we won't have to handle our luggage...woo hoo!!!

Hope to hear some from some of you!

Becky