Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2004, 11:28 PM
Linda Drumm

Default NCL SEA

Having a family reunion cruise on NCL SEA about 21 of us, nine are children under 8. Don't want to pay for shore excursions, we just want to find beaches to play in sand, swim and snorkel. Can you advise me on transportation from ship and good beaches? Also any other advice on transfers to and from ship, are there better ways to go with such a large group? Any info on hotels pre and post cruise? Any advice on any area will be greatly appreciated as I want all to enjoy. Thanks, Linda
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2004, 07:00 AM
duane

Default Re: NCL SEA

Hello,
I am booked to go December 11th. When are you going? I am taking a taxi when we get to Cozomel and going to Playasol beach. I've been there and its really nice. You can snorkle, swim and it has a zoo. They have a website. In Roatan, I am taking a taxi to the West beach. Gonna cave tube in Belize. I am going to shop in Cancun because after the long tender rides to and fro, you really don't have a lot of time there I have the web addresses for a lot of stuff to do if you e mail me, I'll send them to you. As far as pre and post cruise, Houston is a great city!!!! Stay in the Galaria area. You won't be sorry. Have a great cruise!!!!
Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:51 AM
newmexicoNita

duane has said pretty much what I would. Roatan, ask a taxi driver for the best beach for what you want; the price is reasonable, the drivers friendly and the beaches very nice. We are going on Nov 13th and will do Paradise beach in Cozumel. Check the CC Ports of Call thread to get ideas about Cozumel. You will have several choices. Cancun has beaches right off the ship (the tender I think I should say) also shopping close by. We intend on staying on the ship in Belize. Unless you do want to pay for a tour you will not be thrilled with Belize or the water and beaches.

Hope this helps a bit.

NMNita
Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:57 AM
ute_fan

I would check the destinations boards for further information on Belize and snorkeling. My understanding is that the 2nd larger barrier reef is in Belize, and we had friends who were planning on snorkeling there until he can into some coral in Roatan and didn't get to go. As I'm not a snorkeler, I don't have any first hand knowledge, or who to refer you to.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 12:52 PM
newmexicoNita

The reef in Belize is the same one that extrends down to Roatan. Yes, snorkeling in Belize is apparently wonderful, but not convenient to the ship. Like Ute said, you may want to check it out. NMNita
Old October 23rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
Linda Drumm

Default Re: Re: NCL SEA

Thanks for the input. Please let me know after your cruise what you wished you would have known. Can you send me any websites for ports of call. Thanks, Linda
Old October 25th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Danwrod

tell me about the cave tubing.........

thanks

dan
Old October 30th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Linda Drumm

Will you let me know about Paradise beach when you return? Linda
Old November 6th, 2004, 12:19 PM
CaliforniaJake

There is transfer to the airport from the ship. Those can be arranged for once you get on board. We are staying at the Doubletree suites that is advertised in the NCL Brocure. I don't think it is the best deal in town, but we wanted to do a little touring before the cruise.

When are you going?
Old November 8th, 2004, 11:01 AM
reverendjeff

Linda, Take a few cabs and go to Mr. Sanchos beach. Everyone will be happy. It cost nothing to enter and there are shops, a restaurant, and one of the prettiest beaches to play on. It may be cheaper to hire a couple of vans.
Old November 8th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Linda Drumm

What port is Mr Sanchos Beach on? Are their usually van taxis at most ports?
Old November 9th, 2004, 09:47 AM
reverendjeff

There are plenty of vans/cabs at the port. IT is not a long ride to Mr. Sanchos and for four in a cab I was charged $10 each way. When you get off the ship, there will be a mall directly across from the pier. There are people there trying to get you to go with them to different beaches/resorts. Some of these are time share properties and they want you to listen to their spill. Avoid these folks. When at Mr. Sanchos, you will have great service from the bar or restaurant from waiters who come to you right down on the beach. Do Not Miss the Guacamole, it is terrific. You will have to keep an eye on your watch and allow yourself time to settle up with the bar, and take a cab or van back to the pier. I hope this helps you out. Have a great time!
Old November 9th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Linda Drumm

What port is Mr Sanchos in??
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:39 PM
reverendjeff

Cozumel.
Old December 4th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Another beach to consider in Cozumel is Chakanaab, an easy cab ride from the cruise pier.

http://www.cancuntravel.com/tours_de...sp?id_tour=153