Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2004, 08:17 AM
Gord

Default Caribbean questions

We sail Dec. 3 on the Spirit. Can anyone out there give me info on the weather, what to do and stay away from when your wandering the ports of call (we aren't shore excursion types). Any info will be appreciated. Many Thanks

Gord
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2004, 12:55 PM
BOKCRUISER

Default Re: Caribbean questions

MY HUSBAND AND I WILL ALSO BE ON THE 12/3/04 CRUISE. ANYBODY BEEN ON

THE NCL SPIRIT'S 9 DAY SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE? CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!

ANY INFORMATION ON THE OUTSIDE STATEROOMS, FOOD, PORTS WOULD BE

APPRECIATED.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 02:36 PM
Gord

Default Re: Re: Caribbean questions

Looking forward to the trip. We're in an outside balcony stateroom on deck nine. You?
Old November 7th, 2004, 10:13 AM
new2cruises

Default Re: Re: Re: Caribbean questions

also on the same cruise as both of you.....been looking at the excursions and trying to finalize my decisions.....too many too choose from.

My wife and I have an outside balcony on the 9 th floor....mid ship or so.....can't wait!
Old November 7th, 2004, 10:23 AM
cruiser1999

What ports are you stopping at? We just did Spirit's 5 day to Grand Cayman and Roatan. Perhaps I can help?
Old November 7th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

What islands are you going to? The only port I would never get off the ship again was Jamaica - don't know if your ship is going there, though.
Old November 7th, 2004, 01:24 PM
newmexicoNita

I agree about Jamaca and have similar feeling about Belize and Grand C, but not for the same reason. I just simply did not like anything about Belize, the people, the tours, the area................................Grand C does nothing for me, but I don't think it's unsafe. Oh, there is one thing I do like about Belize: the little shopping area around the peir, it's very clean, very nice and a good place to pick up those little things you may have missed somewhere else. First time cruisers to a port should get off the ship no matter what island, just to get a feel. We like being on the ship while others are in port. We have the pool, the cocktail waiters and everything else to ourselves with great deals in the spa. NMNita
Old November 7th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Caribbean questions

We are going to Cozumel and Roatan on NCL Spirit next Sunday. Did anyone mention whether they took a shore excursion in Roatan that did not involve diving and how it was? Was there any sights near the ship to see? If so, could you walk around and sightsee near the ship by yourself or is it safer to purchase an excursion for that? I CAN't WAIT TO SEE YOUR REVIEW OF THE SPIRIT!!!! Was your room on the 9th deck per chance? Did you happen to notice any quick type shops near your embarkation pier where you could pick up a six pack of Pepsi and bottled water? I fear that once our luggage has been stuffed with our clothes, we won't be able to put anything else in it. Plus they are kinda heavy for me to carry through the airport. I will keep my eyes open for your review. Thanks for helping.
Old November 8th, 2004, 05:51 AM
newmexicoNita

Peggy, we are going to Roatan next Saturday on the Sea; have been there a couple of times before. The snorkeling and diving are great, but not anywhere near the pier and there isn't much around there period. I don't know if you have sailed with NCL before, but if you haven't I might add they have a great dive-in program. This is one time you may want to consider using the ship's excursion program. Also I believe Salt and Peppers has diving, but am not sure. That is who we are using this trip; we just snorkel, not dive. Hope this helps a bit. Why not try the Ports a Call thread on CC website, lots of good ideas there. NMNita