Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 14th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Eric/Laurie

Default excursions--belize/roaton

we are traveling on the Sun 1/1/05 with our two teenage dgtrs...14 and 17. We are thinking about cave tubing in Belize---read about Reggies...waiting for response from him by e-mail...in Roaton we are thinking about Victors canopy tour. Does anyone know about either of these...prices, if they are good etc. or any other suggestions. we are open. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2004, 10:13 AM
JennCandi

Default Re: excursions--belize/roaton

My fiance and I are going November 20-27 on the Sun (5 more days!)

We are going on the cave tubing tour in Belize which we booked through the ship. However, it is a lot cheaper to book it yourself online. We were nervous about the change in the schedule due to the hurricanes, so we didn't book it ourselves.

In Roaton we are going to rent mopeds and do our own thing for the day. None of the excursions looked very exciting to us. I'll post when I come back abouthe the tubing and other excursions.

Jenn
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Beginner

We are sailing the Sun 12//18 and have booked Belize tubing through Xtreme Tubing,
Roatan we're going with Salt and Peppers for Discover Scuba and Snorkeling,
Grand Cayman we've booked Stingrays (A MUST) and snorkeling with Capt. Bryan.
Cozume..we'll do on our own..easy to navigate and get taxis.
We're also going with a 18 year old daughter and 16 year old son so - somewhat - planning our activities with/around them. Either way, we'll have a blast. This is our 3rd trip to Cozumel and Cayman - looking forward to new adventures in Belize and Roatan!
You'll have a blast!
Old November 15th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Passenger

I agree that cave tubing will be fun for your teenagers. You might want to snorkel in Roatan as this is a really famous diving spot.

We went Cave tubing with Reggie, and it was about $60/pp if I remember correctly. Very well worth it, and he took our group to lunch afterward, which cost $5 and was excellent too, nice to have authentic food!

My pictures from Belize are here:

http://www.carrievision.com/content/...s/photo_1.html
(includes the cave tubing and lunch after)

you can also visit the rest of my 2002 trip on the Sun at:
http://www.carrievision.com/content/cruise2002/
Old November 15th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Jeffery

Cave tubing in Belize, and the Canopy and beach party in Roatan. Those are two great adventures. I would not recommend mopeds in Roatan. Very poor country, bad roads and crazy drivers.
Old December 8th, 2004, 09:52 AM
AAL

We took the Dream out of New Orleans 11-7-2004 and booked the cave tubing in Belize through http://www.coralbreezelimited.com. You need to get down to deck 4 early 'though so they will let you tender in early. NCL only lets the excursions booked through them catch the first tenders. The excursion lasts about 6 hours and from the time it takes to tender from the ship and back to the ship, that is the full time at the port. We had 13 in our entire excursion party and from what I was told, the group from the ship was over 130 for the cave tubing with only two tour guides. Our tour guide was excellent and took us to an authentic Belize Restaurant for a sit down lunch (included in cost) versus the buffet the ship's group had at the cave tubing site.

It rained in Roatan and all excursions were cancelled. We hired a taxi driver for $40 for a family of 5 and he spent the entire day taking us to different sites. We had wanted to do the Canopy Tour but couldn't because our children were too young, you had to be at least 12. However, it was cancelled. Our taxi driver took us to the area, and it looked wonderful. I would suggest doing that tour. I agree with the not renting mopeds, many unpaved, small, winding roads, very dangerous drivers.
Old December 8th, 2004, 11:22 AM
newmexicoNita

Both of thre tours you have selected are outstanding especially with teens. January the weather shoud be a bit better than in November when we were there this time. have a great time.

Nita
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:59 AM
JennCandi

In Roatan we rented mopeds, with no problems. They are right there when you get off the boat. We saw a lot of people doing this. We went over to the west end and it was beautiful. In Belize we did the Cave Tubing (which was not as fun as I thought it was going to be) and zip lining (canopy tour). It was combined into one tour and offered once you were on the boat. The zip lining was unbelievable. I'm scared of heights, but I went anyway and had the time of my life. I think it was $30.00 more for the zip lining, but definately the highlight of our trip.
Old December 11th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Going sailin' this weeken

Hi,

Victor Bodden can't offer you the canopy tour any longer (better off cause it's VERY dangerous anyways - you never hear about that though I bet), but we used him last week while on the Dream for an island tour with local shopping and snorkel, and had a blast for only $25.00 per person. He charged us only $20.00 per because I grabbed 5 more people to make our group 7 instead of the 2 or 4 he was expecting at the dock. The snorkel in Roatan is amazing and he takes you to an great area with only like 10 people vs. the 40-50 the cruise ship takes to a porrer spot - equipment rental was only $6.00 and he watched our stuff for us - plus a great restauant and bar right there! Oh and don't foget the $1.20 16oz. vanilla in the local grocery store near the snorkel. Forget the moped rental is my suggestion and snorkel here so you can do cave river tubing in Belize.

100% you have to cave river tube with X-Steam - they respond right away!!!

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm

An hour ride out of the city - than down the dumpiest road in the world for 5.5 miles - than a 30 minute hike through a rain forest (this is fun though) but well worth it in the end! If you go with X-Stream you'll get bonuses, smaller group, better tour and island history/information, MUCH better price (be sure to make your deposit online), free water at the bar in the park, food order wating for you at conclusion (the chicken was the best meal all week in my opionion). Snorkel in Roatan with Victor if you can get him and cave river tube in Belize and you and your family will be happy you did................

Tim - Springfield, MA area
Old December 19th, 2004, 04:56 PM
you know who

Are you really doing the canopy? GL...
Old February 12th, 2005, 08:10 AM
First Mate

was just wondering how your trip in roaton went especially for the beachtour and zip line I am going next week with a teenager and eight year old, was wondering about age restrictions and what you thought of it. thanks
Old February 12th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Lisa & Neb

we are doing X-stream tubing in Belize and going to CSI orphanage/mission in Roatan

www.csiroatan.org

after you go to the mission, for $10 per person, they pick you up at the pier, drive you to the mission, then anywhere on the island all day. The driver and car are yours....

But please do take a pakage for the kids if you go, there is a list of need on the website above!