Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Jimmy Roberts

Default TOE injury on the SEA

I was awoken at 2 a.m. last wednesday morning to music. I went outside of my cabin to investigate. It wasn't around or above me so I went down below to the 2nd deck and as I approached a large steel crew door it slammed open. It went over my big toe on my left foot, pushed the toenail all the way back, caused a big gash on the front of the toe, and put me in agony for a few hours. The medic bandaged it up and I limped my way through the rest of the cruise. It ruined it for me. I also had four neighbors who were all chain smokers and they propped their doors open to give my entire hallway that smoky smell. I could't sleep because of the noise overhead either: especially the last day, all the rolling luggage was stored above my cabin and inspected all night long. The only positive was the food.
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: TOE injury on the SEA

What were you doi9ng down in the crew quarters? That is off limits to passengers.
Jim

Old December 7th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Jimmy Roberts

I approached the crew door...I didn't open it. I was going to listen to see if the music was coming from in there and if it was I was going to Knock on the door, not open it.
Old December 8th, 2004, 10:25 AM
newmexicoNita

What ship were you on? Sorry you had such a bad experience, next time it may be a good idea to stay in your cabin at 2am. We have never had the problems you encountered on any ship, NCL or other lines. Guess we have been lucky 16 times. NMNIta
Old December 8th, 2004, 10:27 AM
newmexicoNita

Default Re: Re: TOE injury on the SEA

Jimmy, forget the first part of my message, I see you were on the Sea.
Old December 10th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Jimmy Roberts

I got out because I had called security ealier and they did nothing. I was going to tell them myself. The crew door (which I did not enter, I was on the guest side) was violenty pushed open causing the injury to my toe.
Old December 11th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Reen

Sorry to hear about what happened to your toe. But, its not your place to be telling the crew or seeing what they are doing. Call the security people again.
Old December 13th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Jimmy Roberts

I did tell security and I still COULD NOT SLEEP! I did not tell anyone anything (though I wanted to) and I did not enter any crew quarters. I was on the passenger side.
Old December 15th, 2004, 11:32 PM
aNONYMOus

Poor you and your toe
but those doors, are not able to just "Slam open" by themselves. ALl doors on NCL are either a water tight door, or a fire screen door- all very heavy and take great force to both open and close.
Who just hangs out by a door anyway, especially a heavy door, and not expecting it to open?
And yes, regardless you shoud not have been on DECK 2- thats way out of passenger area...
What was your reasoning to go down there, so you could hear the... noise.. more clearly?? Those doors, open usually to corridors, leading to more doors. i doubt anyone would have answered. Just call security again next time : )
Bah, lesson learned. sorry about your toe. that really is too bad- those toenails hurt when that happens.
Rember for Next time: don't lurk around doors- expect people to pass through!

HOpe you are doing much better!
Old January 9th, 2005, 08:39 PM
coolrush

2nd floor is for crew/passengers that is shocking since it is senior staff on that floor. Sorry to hear it.
Old January 11th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: TOE injury on the SEA

I gotta agree with you Nita ............ don't go looking for troube or you will find it. We sail on the Sea at the end of the month.
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Pata

Sounds like a lot of bad luck! Glad you enjoyed the food.