Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2004, 04:30 PM
gidget

Default POA 1-2-05 port changes

Just an FYI to anyone on the Jan 2 POA, I was just informed by my TA that on Monday we will now dock in Lahaina, Maui from 7a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Tuesday we will dock in Kahului from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (no overnight in same dock).
Wednesday and Thursday are Hilo and Kona as originally planned. Friday we dock in Kauai from 8 a.m. overnight to 6 p.m. on Saturday.
This really changes excursions and car rental plans!!! Anyone on the "other" board may want to post there as I cannot.
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: POA 1-2-05 port changes

Is this ONLY for the Jan. 2 week or is a change for the other cruises during Jan?

Voyager of the Seas
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Bruce Chafkin

Here is another surprise for you. You will NOT be docking at Lahaina - there is no suitable pier there. But you will be anchored off Lahaina, and tenderboats will transfer you into the port and back to the ship.
Be prepared for long waits. This tiny port is very busy; pleasure boats, fishing boats, and commercial boats normally are given priority over NCL Tenderboats.

Thats the reason why NCL normally docks at Kahului and buses passengers over to Lahaina. Its faster.

On the plus side, you can expect to see many humpback whales swimming all around the ship while you are anchored there.
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:41 PM
First Mate

gidget,

Another refugee from the 'kinder' board?
Old December 8th, 2004, 12:39 PM
gidget

Default Re: Re: POA 1-2-05 port changes

I do not know if this is for this date only or not. On an earlier post, around Sept or so, I did see that they did this one other time. I don't know the reasoning for it but thought it may help eliminate the necessity for a rental car since we will be on both sides of the island. It will be great if we can see some humpback whales. I try to focus on the positive!!!... so we will just deal with it.

gardencat,
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand your comment. I have not "signed up" or whatever you have to do on the "other" board that I mentioned. I have looked at it a few times but at the bottom it says something to the effect of "Cannot post, Cannot reply", etc so I thought you may have to "join" and I have not done that.
Old December 10th, 2004, 06:52 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: POA 1-2-05 port changes

gidget

Sorry, I jumped tp conclusions. There are a few of us who post on this board who used to post on the other board but who for various reasons cannot, or choose not ,to post there anymore. When you wrote that you could not post there I thought maybe you were one of us.
Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks for the info about the itinerary.
Old December 10th, 2004, 11:50 AM
gidget

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: POA 1-2-05 port changes

gardencat,
No problem....Just thought there might be something I did not know about. Like maybe the "other" board was a "no-no" for some reason. I am very new to these boards but am enjoying getting information especially on POA. Thanks everyone for all the useful suggestions.
Just waiting till Jan 2........
Old December 10th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Cel

The December 26th cruise is also changed. They will only allow us to prebook shore excursions fro Hilo & Kona. All the other stops you must wait to board the ship to book. You can not even use the courtesy desk at the one hotel. They did say they put up kiosks on the ship to handle all the bookings when you board.
Old December 14th, 2004, 04:05 PM
jkrislc

I have yet to find confirmation of this change. My documents arrived with the original itinerary, and both my TA and I called NCL who confirmed the original itinerary. Can you tell me where you received or heard this information?
Old December 15th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Passenger

The itinerary was also changed on the 12/26 sailing
Old December 15th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Passenger

To confirm the 12/26 changes I signed onto NCL.com and tried to book a new cruise. The changes in the itinerary where stated there. NCL customer service seemed unaware till they call Marine Operation which confirmed the change.
NaPali Coast Crusing seems off the schdule which I am overly upset about this was a highlight for me of the cruise.
Old December 15th, 2004, 12:01 PM
jkrislc

I did log onto the NCL booking engine, but it showed the same (standard) itinerary. Thus far, I haven't been able to get confirmation of the change for the 01/02/05 sailing, and was just wondering where the original information came from so I could try to confirm the information using a different approach.
Old December 15th, 2004, 12:20 PM
gidget

I got this info from my TA when she called to tell me our airline schedule. We have made our reservations accordingly. I sure hope we have not done this in vain. I am disappointed that on this itinerary we will not see the NaPali coast. I am going to call the TA back now to see what she says - I'll post again after that.
Old December 15th, 2004, 01:48 PM
gidget

Default Re: Re: Re: POA 1-2-05 port changes

Well, Well.....Just talked to TA and guess what? Now the Jan 2 will keep original itinerary, only the 12-26 will change. Guess I have to get busy and change reservations. Sorry for the confusion.....
Old December 15th, 2004, 03:32 PM
jkrislc

That's alright, gidget. At least we'll get the Napoli Coast. Perhaps I'll see you onboard!
Old December 15th, 2004, 04:59 PM
gidget

jkrislc,
The TA did say that it could still change at the last minute...but let's hope not. I think I read one review that they found out a change in itinerary after they were on board - talk about scrambling to make reservation changes...... At least I still have time to make mine and I'll pray that they don't change again.

We are on Oslo Deck 6 - Cabin #6309. Look us up. It is my daughter and me - She's the 30 something cute blond and I am the 50 something not-so-cute blonde!! Hope to meet you and yours. Great way to start the New Year!! :-)
Old December 16th, 2004, 04:37 PM
jkrislc

Sounds good. We're in 8047 midship. We're the 30 something not so cute not so blond couple from California.