Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2004, 01:53 PM
LDLH005

Default norweign cruise dawn

Hi-

My family and I are sailing on the Dawn in Feb. We are staying in a Penthouse. We are just curious about the accomadations. If anyone out there that has stayed in the Penthouse please describe it in detail for us. We are a family of 4 2 adults and 2 kids ages 11 and 2.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to wayneR
Default Re: norweign cruise dawn

Which catogory Penthouse are you staying in? AB, AD, ext.
Old December 17th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Personally I would have asked that question before booking-a penthouse is not cheap.
What detail do you need to know-interior design and color scheme?

Old December 17th, 2004, 04:51 PM
LDLH005

Default Re: Re: norweign cruise dawn

We want to know anything you want to tell us about the penthouse would be great. We are staying in the AB room.
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:52 PM
PaulO

We were on the Dawn twice and stayed in the Category AB Penthouse Suite. I am now spoiled rotten. A beautiful room that made it very difficult to leave for the day. It had two bedrooms, 1 big 1 small, a dining area, a sitting area, a balconey and a bath that was fit for a king (and queen). You have to see the bath. Concierge and butler service and we were the first ones off the ship at debarkation. We were upgraded to one on the Dawn last year and liked it so much we got one again on our last cruise. Three televisions, two of which play CD's. They cost a few bucks but it's just my Grandkids inheritance.
Old December 19th, 2004, 09:19 AM
shoreguy

Here is list of the general addition services.

Suite AB – AE
Embarkation:
1 bottle of Domestic Champagne
1 Floral Arrangement
1 Small Tray of Hors D’oeuvres
1 Fruit Basket
1 Bottle of Spring Water
Bath Amentities:
Moisturizing Lotion
Conditioning Shampoo (Dispenser)
Bath Gel (Dispenser)
Cotton Balls & Q-Tip Caddie
Aloe Facial Soap
Citrus Body Bar
Glycerine Soap
Theraputic Hand Cream
Chamomile Night Cream
Bath Salts
Loofah Mitt
Shower Cap
Sewing Kit
Other: Butler Service
Concierge Service
DVD and CD Player w/library
Alarm Clock
Bath Robes
Feather Pillows
Upgraded Linen
Time Fax Daily
Full Breakfast Menu
24 hr room service (Butler menu)
Warm Face Towels, embarkation
Glass of Chamapagne, embarkation
In Suite Dining
Shoe Shine Service(Butler)
Shoe horn/Lint Brush in Closet
Turn Down Food Amenity (formal night)
Wood hangers
Duvets
Mints on Pillow
NCL Shopping Bags
Safe
Refrigerator
Hair Dryer
Hotel Services Book
Old December 29th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Heather Burke

We are in one of the Dawn's Penthouse AB suite in mid-jan. THere are lots of web sites about the Dawn, even 360 deg views of the rooms - see links below. Last year we had the Owners suite (cat AA) on the Wind and we too agree that suite living is the ONLY way to go! The NCL site is not very helpfull at all - nowhere else have i seen a floorpan either. Its good to see the confirmation above of the 2nd bedroom as it is not mentioned on NCL, see "virtual tour" below. On the Wind the "2nd bedroom" was a pullman berth in the large walkin closet.

http://www.pinonpc.com/dawn.htm
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Heather Burke

I am sooo intrigued and excited about the 2nd bedroom NOT being the closet as it was on the Wind Owner's Suite. On the 3d virtual tour site I found, I cant tell where in the Penthouse the 2nd bedroom is. Can you please relate the layout?
THANKS
H Burke
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Heather Burke

The more I look at the "virtual tour" of the Dawn's AB Penthouse (see link below) the more I can;'t figure out where that 2nd bedroom fits in the floorplan. Can you clairfy this for me please!

http://www.pinonpc.com/dawn.htm

Old December 30th, 2004, 04:15 PM
shoreguy

Here is a picture of the second bedroom. There are shots of the main Bath and master bedroom as well.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...00645092FfxSAy
Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:33 AM
Suesan Barisic

Hello, Happy New Year!!! I just read your post, I am going to be staying in an AB Penthouse on the Dawn, on an 11 Day Western Carribbean Cruise, February 12, 2006. I did a lot of research into an AB Penthouse and I found an EXCELLENT web site, it has fabulous pictures of the cabin. And I got GREAT first hand information from a woman I "met" on the "Cruise Addicts" web site. Her experience staying in an AB Penthouse was the "kicker' for me, to pay the extra $$$, because it sounded so wonderfull.....
We are going on the Dawn this April, on the 17th. We will be staying in an AF Mini-Suite, my Husband, daughter and I. I did not know how nice an AB was, I thought just having a balcony was super, which of course it is. But, iI think I was just being thrifty. When I started planning my 50th Birthday cruise for February 2006 a few months ago, I decided to splurge and REALLY celebrate!!!
The web site to go to is: http://www.orcatekweb.com/cabin-11550.htm
You will be really surprised at how nice it is. Linda, the woman from "Cruise Addicts" said that these pictures are from the "Star", which I think is now NCL's "POA". She said that "POA" is the Dawn's twin sister, just built a bit earlier. The AB Penthouse looks EXACTLY like that on the Dawn, even the gem names of each cabin are the same.
Have you gone to the "Cruise Critic" web site? That is a GREAT place too. You should go to the "Roll Call" boards, see how many people are going on your cruise.
I hope I have been of some help. I hope you have an FANTASTIC cruise. When you get back, I hope we can e-mail, I would love to hear all about your trip.
Take care.

Suesan
Old January 2nd, 2005, 12:38 PM
Suesan Barisic

I want to make a correction on what I just posted. The "Norwegian Star" IS the "Norwegian Star", it is NOT the "POA". Sorry about that, it was my missunderstanding. The "Star" is the "Dawn's" sister ship, her "twin" sister.
"POA" is a TOTALLY different ship.
Sorry about that........

Suesan
Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:37 PM
shoreguy

Suesan

See you onboard Feb.2006 Already booked in in the rollcall. But first I have to get through another trip on the Dawn this Feb. Somebody has to do it

Here is a link to the details on 11550 "The Pearl' AB

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm
Old January 3rd, 2005, 01:46 PM
Heather Burke

THANK YOU for the details write up! It answered the last questions I had! It reminds me of the diary I did when we stated i t he Owners Suite on the Wind in Dec 03.

question to you: you mention a mobile phone - was that yours or did it come with the suite?

THANKS AGAIN
Heather Burke