Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2004, 12:24 PM
sda

Default POA refunds

Here's some info which some of you may already know about refunds on early sailings of the POA. I saw a question on this board about a month ago that I knew a little about, but I wanted to get all my ducks in a row before I gave out any wrong information. The question was about refunds for stateroom downgrades from the PO America to the PO Aloha. I was told when we were downgraded from a balcony on the America to an outside on the Aloha that we would receive a $200 per person credit on our next cruise on NCL or NCLA. At the time I thought no way. Then ,as most everyone knows, there was a 20% credit on the cruise price of the earlier sailings of the POA, to be applied to another cruise. (To be used, both had to be taken by the end of 2005.) For my wife and I that 20% amounted to $274 per person. So that means we had a total of $474 apiece to apply to another cruise. We are going to use that $948 to go on a cruise to Alaska next summer. It is already booked. We went to Alaska on Carnival Spirit several years ago and know that Alaska, like Hawaii, will more than make up for any shortcomings of the ship. (Something else most may already know, if you book a trip back to Hawaii by the end of this year, you can book at last summer's rates,IF YOU DARE.)
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to segerdsegerd
Default Re: POA refunds

We have the credits too, all booked for Alaska next summer. Now all I need is for NCL to tell my TA that I have those credits. They said they would but it's been three months and still nothing is showing. I have called a few times, they said they're running way behind on getting those credits to the TAs. When they finally get these credited, it will make the summer cruise quite a bit less.
Old December 16th, 2004, 09:43 PM
sda

We booked the cruise ourselves through the Latitudes program at NCL so I realize your situation is a little different than ours, but I had a little glitch too. I asked the agent at Latitudes to make sure that all of the credits were showing on our account and she assured me that they were. When we paid the deposit and received our email confirmation the full amount was showing as the balance. I called back and asked about it and she assured me that it was showing on her computer and that it would be taken care of before our final payment. I asked for a supervisor to see if we could receive a confirmation showing the exact amount that we actually owed, and she finally figured out a way to get me an email confirmation showing our actual balance. I received it and I believe everything is right now. You might try giving NCL a call and see if they can't speed things up a little bit. They seem to be able to do things a little quicker when you press them a little bit.
Old December 17th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Passenger

I have called them a few times already, they keep assuring me that the credits are all showing too. When I call the TA back each time, they keep telling me that NCL hasn't forwarded the authorization to them allowing them the discount. This has been ongoing for three months now but they keep telling me that they'll catch up with the paperwork in plenty of time for my cruise in July. The supervisor told me that it is showing on their computer, and it was more than I originally figured, but that it will be a while before they can complete all of the transactions. I sure hope so! This cruise to Alaska was booked with them only because of the credits and because I'd like to give NCL another chance.
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:55 AM
sda

After re-reading your initial post I realized that you HAD called them several times. I think I only caught the part about NCL not forwarding the info on to your TA. Sorry that I gave you some information that you had already used.

They are a little slow at times. My wife sent them an extensive letter the week we got back from our Hawaii cruise outlining the shortcomings of the cruise. I realize they probably got hundreds if not thousands of letters, but after more than two months they did respond to her letter and it was not a form letter. There were a couple of responses from the person who wrote apologizing for a couple of things that were relative to our situation.
Old December 17th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Passenger

No problem! I too wrote them a letter right after our cruise. I told them there were a few problems but didn't get specific. I simply told them that they were probably aware of them but listed the employees that took the extra steps to help out. I'll wait a while longer before writing to them again, hopefully we'll get this taken care of before the July cruise. I just wish that they could somehome figure out a way to make this process a little easier on us.