Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Default On Board the NCL Star

Just wanted to submit a short note about our first day on the Star.

Flight into Santa Ana was great....waited around 40 minutes for our lugage to get unloaded, and then took a $90 cab ride to the Sheraton in San Pedro. I would advise other people to look into tranfers for this cruise if they are coming into Sata Ana airport.

The Sheraton itself is showing signs of wear and tear. We had a non smoking room and it had a serious cigarette smoke smell. The hotel would rate a 5 from me on a scale of 1 to 10. It does have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal, and that is why we stayed there the night before. They also don't serve pork products in the hotel If you want bacon in the morning they do have a beef bacon thats not half bad.

Emabarking the ship was done at around 11:30 am and was fairly smooth and lasted around 30 minutes. The agent that checked us in....well he confused my photo with my sons photo and that started a whole bunch of issues once we were on board. I have had to get four new cards, and I was just told that my account was deleted...oh well. RCCL does a better job of checking people in...much faster (IMHO)

We are staying a a pethouse suite 11030 and we are VERY happy with it....the Butler is great! The room is really a combination of two cabins and has seperate bedrooms with locking doors.

So far we have booked our freestyle dinners....and yes they do give suite guests priority. We have also booked our shore tours and got the dolpin encounter for my wife and son.

The weather is great around 72 degrees and the sea is around 4 feet...the ship is making 23.4 knots and we should pass cabo around six tonight.

Any questions just ask and I will try to post the answers.

Later

Rick

BTW the beer is cold
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Beginner

Default Re: On Board the NCL Star

Hi Rick!

We will be in 11060 in March. It will be my husband and me, 2 daughters ages 17 & 20.I am thinking about switching to 2 mini suites instead so we have separate rooms. Is the AB big enough for 4? How is the balcony? Please post some pictures when you get back. Have a great time!

Karen
Old December 17th, 2004, 09:51 AM
roxo

what the policy about bringing wine or booze on board? we are going Feb. 17. Keep the ideas comong for us. thanks
Old December 17th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Passenger

Karen,

The stateroom I am in (11030) is big enough for four people easy and you can seperate the rooms by doors. When you enter the suite....on your left is what I term a inside cabin with its own door and bathroom. The main part of the suite has a couch, chair, mini-bar and balcony. Through a set of french doors is a bedoom and master bath with tub and shower. 11030 has a upper bunk in the inside cabin.

I will take some pic's because the NCL website doesn't do justice for the cabin size. My son loves having his own "space".

Roxo,

You can bring wine on board for a corkage fee of $10 per bottle, but hard liqour is not allowed to be brought on board. If you buy some on shore they will store it in their bonded storage until the last night, and then you can pick it up. I really like RCCL's policy of allowing you to purchase liqour in the duty free and pay a corkage fee, but that is not the case on the Star.

We have tried the food in the Market (buffet) and find it about the same as RCCL and Carnival. Its Buffet food...what can you say about that.

If anyone has any other questions please ask.

later

Rick
Old December 17th, 2004, 07:19 PM
roxo

thanks for the infor.. so we can just carry the wine on and they will charge the corkage fee as we carry it on? Let us know about Acualpoco. have a good time!!!! We decided not to stay at the Sheraton.