Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2004, 03:34 PM
First Mate

Send a message via ICQ to Cynda
Default Dream Room question?

My parents are booked on the Dream in about two weeks....Im concerned their room will not be to their liking (Its their first cruise, they are in their early 70's) The room is in the 4200 block...it appears to me this is two single beds and a porthole window. Anyone stayed on this floor? info?

Secondly...what if they wanted to attempt an upgrade, is it too late to do this and how would they go about it, thru their TA or thru NCL Direct?
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2004, 05:29 PM
bruins12

Default Re: Dream Room question?

If possible, I would reccommend trying to upgrade to the 5th or 6th floor...the rooms with a true window are much better...I've been in a room with a port hole, and you really don't get any scenery unless you walk right up to the window to look out...

Preferably try to get a room in the aft to mid ship....avoid the forward for two reasons...it's more rocky up front, but also, on the Dream most activities are mid ship to aft...if your room is forward, it will be a hike, everytime they need to go to the room...

I upgraded thru NCL reaccomodations desk myself, then they called my TA for me...do it yourself, it's much easier than using a third party...we paid $75.00 per person per week for an upgrade from inside to outside with window...we've been on the 5th and 6th floor...they're both the same, no difference....
Old December 25th, 2004, 10:07 PM
First Mate

and they can still do this at this late date? they sail Jan 9th I believe...
Old December 26th, 2004, 12:35 AM
bruins12

yes....without a doubt....it's NOT TOO LATE...call the RE_ACCOMADATIONS dept on Monday...I don't think they are open on Sundays....dial the regular 800# and ask to be connected...even though your PARENTS already have their documents, it's ok...

Basically, I did my recent (Nov 2004) upgrade two weeks prior...I used the same luggage tags...I just went to the store, bought plain white sticky labels, and I relabeled my luggage tags, hand wrote with a magic marker (neatly of course) to reflect my new room number, and changed it from FWD to AFT....

When I got to the ship, I gave my bags to the porter, and my bags arrived at my new room with no problem...Also, though my tickets stated the "old room" #, they had my new number in the computer...I just had to mention to the check in person that my room number had changed, and she checked the manifest, and the new number was correct...Just make sure to bring it to thier attention right away....

Because I am a stickler for detail, about an hour after my upgrade through the re-accomodation dept.... I called back NCL and spoke to a random person, to see if my new room number was "officially" reflecting in the computer, and it was...I never take any chances....I check, double check and re-check...I don't want any problems at the port...I had no problems...

Everything went smooth...I just hope there's a room available...good luck...let me know how it goes...

Like I said, Mid ship to AFT is best...deck 5 or 6...either floor...deck 5 is a little less expensive...all the rooms are the same...(This last trip was deck 6...don't worry about deck 7, and the jogging track above...we never heard anything...)
Old December 27th, 2004, 08:43 PM
First Mate

WELL , so far so good.....NCL directed me back to the travel agency though, and they in turn, took all our information then said to call back in 24 hours because they had to pass along all my info to NCL, and then wait for their reply....maybe Im getting the run around?
Old December 29th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Dream Room question?

Actually, you probably are not getting the run around. Alot of times, if you booked via a TA, the cruise line will only deal with the TA and not you directly. All depends on who answers the phone when you call the cruise line. I do agree about changing room assignments. I was in room 5200 which of course is directly above the 4200 block. It is the very front of the ship and the sound of the anchor being dropped at 6am is not fun. Also, everything on the Dream is on the back half of the ship so it will be a long walk to get anywhere from the very front of the ship.
Old December 31st, 2004, 05:04 PM
First Mate

ahh well, no upgrades to be found, sold out trip! They are aft on the 4th floor, I'll post their review after their return : )