Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2004, 06:15 PM
KHM

Default Is it a good idea to travel w/a 1 year old on the Crown?

My family and I are considering traveling on the Norwegian Crown in June. The ship will sail to Bermuda. We niece will be 1 year old. Just looking for anyone who has traveled on this ship with an infant. Do you think it's accomidating to children?? What was your experience, good or bad?
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Heather Burke

Default Re: Is it a good idea to travel w/a 1 year old on the Crown?

Last December we were on the Norwegian Wind with our 1 1/2 yr old. She LOVED running around! THe crew doted on her, they missed their family very much. THe railings on the Wind were solid enough so that there was little chance for her to fall thru. The crib provided was fancier and newer than ours at home! write me personally for more info
Heather
Old December 28th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Bruce Chafkin

The Norwegian Crown is especially NOT designed for children.
Very unfriendly for that group.
I suggest that you try something bigger and newer.
Old January 9th, 2005, 11:50 AM
C.A.

I'm not a fan of this age group..ships are not friendly to strollers either in the restaurants or in the hallways. No swim diapers are allowed in pools...just doesn't seem to make much sense for anyone. Wait until they are older..you'll have much more fun (and so will they!)
Old January 9th, 2005, 06:03 PM
dan p

we did a repo on the Crown in April.I would not recommend this ship for anyone.The ship is old and should be taken out of this area.There were broken windows[mirror] in the public areas[I dont no if they have been fixed]The crew was not a happy crew.Talked to a few and they wanted to be on any other ship.
So to answer your question No I wouldnt take a baby on this ship.Go to a bigger ship where they may watch the baby for you.
Old January 9th, 2005, 11:38 PM
C

I have worked on the Crown as a Crew Member. Its one of my all time favourite ships. Its very very small, only one swimming pool onboard. You will never get lost.
Line ups for dinner- always busy around 6pm.
As for your 1 year old, the kids program onboard, cannot take your child into program, or offer babysitting. Infact, NO NCL SHIP takes kids under the age of 2. They are very strict on this policy, and are equipped with manifests, so you can't even try to tell a little lie.
Sometimes, if program is not busy- you will be able to take your one year old into the kids center- and stay with him/her and play with toys. If you are going during high season, dont' count on going into the kids center- as it will be filled with many kids, running around- and the counselors will give you some colour sheets, and offer you a few toys to take with you if you are in need. (this varies depending on youth staff).

The good thing of a small ship- is nothing is far away- so if you forget something, or need to go to the room, etc etc- you will be relatively close.. and will find it easier to tote around your child.

The Crown was by far the friendliest ship I have ever worked on. Its a small, old ship. The crew has to work much harder to please you, as this ship does not have the luxurious accomodations- such as a larger selection of restauraunts, decks to suntan on.
The gym here is great... one of my favourites.
great view.

IF you are looking for glitz and glamour- go on the dawn. if you are looking for quiet, and peaceful..
it is an old ship - but it definitely has a lot of character and charm.