Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2004, 07:35 PM
Linda Drumm

Default Taxi drivers charge for children?

Do taxi drivers charge for children or just adults? Example Roatan 2 adults 2 children what would it be? In other ports?? Anyone with kids can you help?
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2004, 08:30 PM
aNONYMOus

Default Re: Taxi drivers charge for children?

in most ports you can usually just get a flat rate.

nogotiate before getting in the car.
Old December 31st, 2004, 09:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Taxi drivers charge for children?

Hi! We sailed on the NCL Sea on 2-7-04, and when we got off the ship in Roatan we had decided to explore the area on our own instead of a shore excursion, anyway, there was a sign on the pier that said Taxi Rates--and something like $25.00 per Person, so we talked to a man their on the pier and I told him it's just for 2 adults, 1 teen and 2 small (5-7) kids, how much? He said how about $35.00 wherever you want to go? I suggested $30.00 (roundtrip) and he said ok, he took us to a taxi, told the guy our rate and to take us wherever we wanted, said West End Beach was good for snorkling, and told us the driver would stay with us until we were ready to return to the ship and not to pay until we got back. Driver we got was GREAT! Decided to go to West End and it was PERFECT! Not hardly anyone else there, awesome snorkling water, and lots of room for the kids to play on the beach, there was a family selling mahogany carvings and other souveniors for really cheap prices, beautiful pieces, and a small bar just off the beach with good margaritas! It was quite, relaxing and worth every penny! I bought the driver a couple of pops and he sat in the shade and waited for us. He took us to some very scenic places on the way back so we could take photos, needless to say, for such fine service we did give him a pretty good sized tip once we got back. I think had I wanted to spend more time haggling with the guy in charge I could've probably got all of us for $20.00, but it's all in how you want to do it. Hope you enjoy your trip!