Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2005, 08:06 AM
Kristy Vano

Default Rough Water In March???

My family and I will be cruising on the Dawn March 20 to Florida, and Bahamas. I was just wondering if anyone went during this time and experienced rough water??? Please let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
hurrhugo

Default Re: Rough Water In March???

Hi! My family and I will be on that cruise, too! Not sure about the NY waters around that time of the year, though. We have friends going on the Dawn on 1/30 so we'll be waiting to hear how it was for them!
Old January 3rd, 2005, 12:25 PM
Kristy Vano

Hi, thanks for your reply, I heard its a beautiful ship, my second cruise, (1st cruise was on Celebrity Zenith). My mother read somewhere that the Dawn couldn't go to the private island due to the water last March, so we are a little concerned with that. Are you from NY? I am, its so easy to leave from here for us, no planes to take to the boat is great.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
hurrhugo

Default Re: Re: Rough Water In March???

Hey Kristy! Yep, we're from NY. About 90 mins. N. of "the city". I'm really looking forward to being able to drive right to the pier. Waiting for connections during a snowstorm makes for a stressful beginning to a vacation!
Old January 3rd, 2005, 01:39 PM
Kristy Vano

I live in Queens, so I am not far from the city at all, its great. If you hear anything from your friends when they get back, let me know thier opinion of the water, and the boat. I did get a little sick on my August cruise because of the water being a little rough, just felt a little queezy, so this time I want to be well prepared. The workers on the boat told me the way the boat was rocking was nothing compared their previous experiences. I guess most of the time the boats go through some rough patches of water. Most people do complain about the water during the hurricane season though, so it shouldn't be so bad in March. I can't wait to be out of here!!!
Old January 4th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Erin M

I am sailing on the Dawn March 20th too!
Old January 4th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Erin M

I was on the Dawn last March as well, and the waters weren't to rough, except when we were leaving Nassau. It was pretty rough that day but nothing to awful!
Old January 4th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Kristy Vano

Hey Erin, thanks for that input, I saw you on the roll call on cruisecritics, I am on there too! I get sick easily, so I was worried about the water. I appreciate your response, I can't wait to get away. I need this vacation bad!
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Erin M

I know! I can't wait to get away either! Hopefully, the time leading up to it goes by quickly!
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:50 AM
C.A.

Hi..I went last March 14th-21st. Fine going down but very scary coming home. (4 year old son literally was thrown off bed one night from waves!) We were near a storm system and even employees said it was " a bit much" but common sailing the Atlantic. Some people on our ship didn't mind but it was frightening. Pool was closed because water was sloshing all over deck, drinks fell off dinner table, etc. However..it's a gorgeous ship and very stable so just take your Bonine and enjoy!
Old January 6th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Never on the Dawn, but March is the windiest month (March wind brings, April showers which brings May flowers) on the Northeast coast and wind means big seas. However you might get lucky.

Nile Romance Nile River 5/90
QE2 Transatlantic 8/95
Norwegian Crown Western Caribbean 4/97
Celebrity Zenith Panama Canal 04/98
Carnival Jubilee Southern Caribbean 03/99
Renaissance R3 Tahiti 11/99
Dawn Princess back to back Southern Caribbean 04/00
Norwegian Majesty Bermuda 09/00
Norwegian Wind Western Caribbean 12/03
Norwegian Sprit Southern Caribbean 12/03/04

Old January 10th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Kristy Vano

Thanks for all of the input, unfortunately, there has been a change in plans anyway, and I won't be sailing on the Dawn until May.
Old January 11th, 2005, 06:51 AM
hurrhugo

Glad you still get to cruise, but sorry we won't get to meet you on the 3/20 trip!