Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148
Default Carnival Celebration Or Norwegian Majesty?

Hey everyone,

about to book our next cruise we are going in either april or may of this year. we have narrowed it down to 2 cruises..either the 5 night cruise from jacksonville, FL aboard the Carnival Celebration or the 7 night cruise from Charleston, SC aboard the Norwegian Majesty. now we like the Majesty becuz of the port is the cloesest to us, and plus its a 7night cruise for only $100.00 more. Now about the ships..i know they are not new ships..which one would you rather sail on? by reviews u have read or from experience please.

Thanks.
David.

9/07/2009 - Carnival Destiny
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:05 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Celebration Or Norwegian Majesty?

HI David,

Speaking from experience, I would recommend the Majesty.

I cruised aboard this ship last May from Boston to Bermuda. No flights were involved since I live in Massachusetts.

The Majesty is an older ship, but very clean, attractively furnished, with a friendly helpful crew. The staff and crew of the Majesty strive to make your vacation pleasant.
The food in the Main diningrooms is very good, well prepared, and attractively served. On occasion a server may forget a teapot, but will bring it when reminded. We were satisfied with the main diningrooms, so never tried the pay-restaurants. The offerings in the garden cafe (buffet) were ok.

Entertainment was superb, however the Palace Theater was small. Many of the seats had obstructed views. For a good seat, arrive early. Lots of other activities and parties were schedualed. We had a great cruise director, who kept things moving along.

We have also cruised with Carnival, but not the ship that you mentioned. We were pleased with Carnival's service, and had a great time. Carnival hay be a good choice for you if you want a younger lively crowd. Go to the Carnival board, read entries about the Celebration, and decide.

Personally, we would prefer the 7 day trip.

Barb
Old January 12th, 2005, 06:25 PM
newmexicoNita

In all fairness I haven't cruised the Majesty, but the Celebration does get it's share of complaints. Just a warning, only you can decide what is right. If the prices are similar I would go for a 7 day over the 5 day. NMNita
Old January 20th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Passenger

I assume you would be cruising the Majesty in April? In May the Majesty sails out of Boston. The Majesty is a great time. We have sailed her 2x to Bermuda. She's not big and fancy like the megaliners but it is "comfortable". The poolside band is great too!
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:30 PM
MR

Default Re: Re: Carnival Celebration Or Norwegian Majesty?

I would choose the majesty, longer cruise, however both ships nothing special, no fancy bells or whistles but decent. iI you dont go with very high expectations about either ship, you will have a good time.
Old January 26th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Beginner

Next time don't buy all of that coffee and you'll be able to take the more expensive cruise.
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Passenger

Four cruises on the Majesty, none on Carnival, so I really can't compare the two ships, but we love the Majesty. Yes, it's a smaller, older ship, but the crew is wonderful, the food is great, the cabins are SMALL but very clean, and the ship itself is well maintained. If I had a choice between a 5 or a 7 day cruise I'd choose the 7 day!!