Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to PortE2G
Default Roll Call..Dream..3/20/05

Hi! Is anyone on this board going on the Dream March 20 - 27? Yes, I know it's a Spring Break cruise. It's the only time we can cruise ( 2 parents, 16 year old son, and 11 year old daughter.) I know of 2 other ladies from our town who will be on the cruise. We're all looking forward to this vacation and we are avid cruisers. Look forward to meeting new friends on board.
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Roll Call..Dream..3/20/05

We will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary on the Dream from New Orleans March 20. This will be our second cruise (1st was on the [RCI] Enchantment of the Sea's in 2003) and we can't wait!
Hope to meet you and your family.
Greg.
Old January 14th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Re: Re: Roll Call..Dream..3/20/05

Greg,
Congratulations on celebrating your milestone. We haven't reached that anniversary yet; our 19th is in April. Our honeymoon cruise was on the NCL Southward and this will be our first cruise with NCL since then. We've also sailed with Costa, RCL, Commodore, Holland America and Premier. This will be the second cruise for us from New Orleans and the four of us are ready now. Come on March! Hope that we meet you on board.
Elizabeth
Old January 17th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Passenger

Elizabeth,
We will be on the Biscayne Deck, Starboard Side (right). We have picked our tours independently at Cancun and Cozumel (have not yet ordered them), but, dont see anything that really catches our eye in Roatan and Belize. Any suggestions? You may email us at dameron7139@msn.com if you care to.
Thanks,
Greg.
Old January 24th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

As of today, we are doing the "Document Dance." The travel agent called this morning and I picked up the packet this afternoon. In just a little under 2 months, we'll be cruising. Oh gosh, what am I ever going to wear?
Old January 25th, 2005, 09:33 AM
LISA & NEB

Belize - belizeshreexcursions.com

cave tubing at $38 off per person
Old January 28th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Passenger

Thanks Lisa & Neb! Are you doing the Cave Tubing?
Old February 5th, 2005, 08:30 AM
K&K

Hi all, looking forward to this trip for so long, I can't believe it is almost here!!!

I will be sailing with my daughter, who will be 17 by the time we sail.

Kim
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Kim,
Welcome aboard! We're all counting the days, hours and minutes. My 16 year old turns 17 in May. Hope we'll see you aboard or even on a shore excursion. Have y'all decided which ones you're doing or are you going off on your own?
Elizabeth
Old February 7th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Lisa & Neb

yes we are cave tubing, and in Roatan we are visiting a orphanage/school. If you would like info go to

www.csiroatan.org

Old February 7th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Passenger

I just returned from this cruise. The tours to do if you are looking for adventure are Cave tubing in Belize, and Canopy Tour in Roatan. Both are extremely fun, worth every cent!
Old February 7th, 2005, 09:46 AM
K&K

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call..Dream..3/20/05

Hi Elizabeth - well, I want to go snorkeling everywhere, my daughter on the otherhand wants to see the Mayan Ruins. I promised her at least one Ruin excursion. We haven't booked the excursion yet, but I think we are going to do the Altun Ha Ruins in Belize which would leave me enought time to maybe get a little snorkeling in?? In Cozumel we are going to go to one of the beach clubs that "reportedly" has the best reef for snorkeling and reasonable prices for food & drink. I checked into it and it would be less expensive than an excursion. Cancun- we haven't completely decided what we are going to do yet and in Roatan we plan to taxi to the West End (I think) and snorkel and then check out a restaurant that we read about.

We (I) want to keep the schedule flexible (since we are on vacation) - I get enough rat race day to day -. Right now I am just researching, counting the days and dreaming about how we are going to spend our time! Let me know if you have an excursions planned yet.

Kim
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Passenger

Welcome Kim & daughter! This is going to be a great cruise. Our second. There are lots of snorkel/snuba tours in Cozumel. We arranged a bicycle tour from the dock (five blocks away from the dock) to Chankanaab Park. We also reserved snorkel gear from the bike shop. All at a great savings. I will look for their address. The canopy & cave tubing tours are interesting. There are lots of snorkeling beaches at the West End, Roatan. We have yet to decide what we may do on Roatan & Belize.
Only 40 days away!
Greg & Julie Dameron
Old February 12th, 2005, 08:29 AM
K&K

Thanks Greg & Julie and Happy Anniversary to you.

I am still researching and trying to decide what excursions to pick.. Krystal and I will be making our final decisions on excursions hopefully this coming week??

We will be beginning our trip in 33 days (yes we are counting) starting off in New Orleans with more than 20 friends before we set sail. We aren't strangers to sailing by all means - but it is both our first time on a big commercial ship, so we are really excited!!!

Kim
Old February 16th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Passenger

Wow! Sounds like the two of you will fun. Please let us know what shore excursions. We too like the water and adventure. We may just get there and decide what, then.
Only 32 more days for us! We may have messed up as we purchased transfers from the cruise port to the airport . In these messages I gather the debarkation process is kind of hectic. We have a flight at 2 something.
Have you sailed before, just not on a big ship?
Old February 19th, 2005, 06:39 AM
K&K

Yes - sailed on a Tri-Cat for 11 days through the Bahamas. I was with 6 friends and we knew the Captain. It was very laid back. I think I only wore shoes once in the 11 days - we had dinner reservations on one island one night so we all got dressed up and wore shoes. Other than that we just sailed, went free diving and laid on beaches the whole time- not commercialized at all. So I figured, if I enjoyed roughing it (so to speak) on that ship then this will be great despite the bad reviews I read. I think maybe some people's expectations are set so high they get disappointed?

We still haven't picked the excursions - Krystal is getting tired of me talking about the trip everyday, but I'm excited.

As soon as we have committed to something, I will let you know>