Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2005, 08:40 AM
dsuly

Default boston- bermuda 06

does anyone know if there will be a new ship for this iitenarary ?
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Parrot Mom

Default Re: boston- bermuda 06

Going to the VO Travel Show on Sunday will check with the NCL people... I'd like to be on the ship on their last voyage from Boston...
Old January 17th, 2005, 05:43 PM
sailoress

..why woudl they put a new ship in for that itinerary?
Mm and i'm pretty sure, that since the passage way into bermuda, its so small that there won't put any of their mega ships in there.. Going in to St Georges, the passage is tight..and boty NCL ships stop there- one doing the full stop there, while the Crown stays there for just one night.
I doubt a ship like the Dawn would ever go in there, not just because of its size, but because bermuda is so amazing and you overnight- why waste a big gorgeous ship, when people would spend all their time onshore?
Old January 20th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Passenger

When we sailed the Majesty this past August, we were told that 2006 would be the last year the Majesty will make the Boston-Bermuda run. NCL's contract for the dock in St. Georges expires then and the new ships are too big to make it through the "cut" to enter the harbor at St. Georges.
Old January 20th, 2005, 03:09 PM
sailoress

ohhh
well yes,
the passage is really really tiny

the only other ship of NCL that does st George- is.. The NCL CROWN.
and that does st georges, Hamilton and the DOckyard.
I hadn't heard of that happening.
Then where is the majest scheduled to sail?
Anyway, i have not heard one word about it, and i work for NCL.
ALso, don't believe everything you hear. Alot of the Crew from diferent departments are really misinformed. THe only person who might have some grounds on this- would be the Cruise DIrector, or M A Y B E someone from the Cruise Staff. Other than that, consider it a game of telephone gone wrong.
Old January 24th, 2005, 08:33 AM
dsuly

Default Re: Re: boston- bermuda 06

i heard this past weekend that it could be the jewel
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:34 PM
MR

Default Re: Re: Re: boston- bermuda 06

very rarely do they use new modern ships to bermuda, not worth the expense , rccl is having grandeur and voyager go to bermuda this year. Ncl only uses majesty and crown rt now.
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Parrot Mom

Asked about 2006 to Bermuda by the Majesty and NCL staff said that they were booking the ship., "saioress"... heard this from the Captain himself in June at a Lattitudes Cocktail Party. The Sea was to be retired too, but I think they have something in mind for that ship too. I hope to cruise the Majesty one more time in 2006...which will make the 11th..Maybe even do their last cruise from Boston to Florida.. The reason "sailoress" is because the Majesty is the most rebooked ship in the NCL line...NCL and one or two others have offered the Goverment of Bermuda $$ to deepen the harbors so that larger ships maybe accomodated. Right now the larger ships are kept at the Dockyard. The "cut" has already been altered and there is some concern if they widen it again.. Bermuda tighly controls ships and capacity coming into Bermuda and since tourism (land/hotels) is in deep trouble the cruise ships seem to be the only way although lower airline fares are being worked on. Speaking to one of the managers of one of the oldest shops, Bluck's.. he's very upset that cruisers do not spend the $$ that people at hotels do.. and hotels are having a difficult time existing and attracting people. Franky, I love being in St. George and now there are two high speed ferries that go to Hamilton and the Dockyard. Unspoken of and not known by the average tourist is the growing problems in Bermuda, the least is the closing of Cooper's and several other specialty stores because of the economy and sadly
the growing crime against tourists
Old January 29th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Passenger

Hi Parrotmom! Like you, we are loyal Majesty cruisers, and hate to see her leave the fleet. It will be interesting to see what NCL does to continue the Boston/Bermuda run. I would love to see the Majesty go the way of the Norway (well, without the boiler explosion, that is!) and continue on with the Boston/Bermuda runs! She's a great ship, and we're looking foward to sailing again in May!