Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Pata

Default Best place to stay in New Orleans?

Does anyone have any info about some of the best (notice I did not say most expensive) places to stay in New Orleans? What about free parking during a cruise? Has anyone ever stayed on a military base and left their vehicle there? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2005, 11:31 PM
Jim Lee

Default Re: Best place to stay in New Orleans?

Me and my wife stayed at the Holiday Inn Express NEW ORLEANS-FRENCH QTR/DWTN hotel. We had a beautiful newly renovated room with about 10 foot ceilings. I felt like I stepped back into time. We walked about a block to Bourbon st. and felt very safe walking around at night. the only thing that I really didn't care for was that I didn't look at the $23 charge for Valet parking in the parking garage. I thought they should have told me about this charge. But after talking with the front desk and the manager the only place to park was on the street. I even had to get some warmer clothing out of my car and they brought it down for me so I could get in my bag. The total for one night with parking came to about $98.

Have a great time, if you go to Belize go on the river rafting tour it is great.
Old January 23rd, 2005, 02:55 PM
Admiral

We stay at "The Frenchmen." It is a wonderful but quirky, small and artsy boutique hotel with very moderate pricing. They have a very nice website with great pictures. This hotel is in the Garden district only one or two blocks from the French Quarter.

Frommers calls it the best little "Funky" hotel in New Orleans
Old January 23rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
pata

Thank you both for your suggestions. I have found some great sites for research but really appreciate first hand accounts more than anything. Thanks again, am going to look into the best little Funky hotel.
Old January 23rd, 2005, 04:34 PM
Passenger

We stayed at the Maison St. Charles. They provided transportation to the ship on departure day and only charged $5 a day (I think--my memory isn't what it used to be--) for parking--and it was safe. We were quite satisfied with the room and service. It's about a $15 cab ride back from the pier to hotel.
Old January 24th, 2005, 02:39 AM
david layden

maison perrier in the garden district..........i have never felt so charmed in my life...a wonderful southern breakfast and such pretty rooms........
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:43 PM
pata

Thanks again for your replies and suggestions. Just wondering if anyone has used a Harrah's Rewards to book through. I read a post on another board where the lady said she simpley went into Harrahs and gambled awhile and then left her car parked there for the week. I went back to the site, but I guess the post was removed. I couldn't find it again to ask anymore questions. Does anyone know anything about this?

Pat