Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2005, 08:06 AM
mikes wifee

Default Norwegian Sun

Hello:

Would like some honest feedback on the 'Sun'. We are thinking about the Western route in April. We have heard negatives and positives. Please help!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2005, 10:45 AM
ute_fan

Default Re: Norwegian Sun

We LOVED the Sun. We went last summer to Alaska, so I don't know about her Caribbean route, but we thoroughly enjoyed the ship. Our balcony cabin was roomy enough for the 4 of us, we thought the food was wonderful, the members of the crew were extremely friendly and always gave us good service, and the ship itself it beautiful.

I am planning on going on the Sun again one day -- right now, it's back to the Sea before she leaves the NCL fleet. While we had a great first cruise on the Sea, and are excited to go again, the Sun is a much better ship.
Old February 13th, 2005, 12:47 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Sun

Another Sun fan here. Great ship, well organized, friendly efficient crew
Old February 13th, 2005, 01:31 PM
newmexicoNita

16 cruises, all the major lines except Princess and the Sun is among my favorites. The only other that rates similar, in our minds would be the Celebrity Constillation. I am comparing like cabins, both with balconies. Celebriity's main dining room had slightly better food especially at lunch. There alternative dining was not any better and twice as expensive: the entertainment was equal and very similar, the cabins identical in size and the crew very friendly on both ships. Celebrity offers little amenities like chamgange (spelling) upon arrival, nicer toiletries in the bathrooms and has the T pool which I loved, but the Sun has a nicer pool area. If you bring your own wine on board the corkage fee on Celebrity is much higher and why, who knows? It takes the same amount of time and energy to open a bottle of wine on the Sun as it does on the Connie. I think I like the passengers on NCL a little: they are more down to earth. NMnita
Old February 13th, 2005, 04:31 PM
pata

From all I have been able to read, the Sun sounds like a really beautiful ship. We have our next cruise booked out of NO and can hardly wait. Have read some negative reviews based on personal experiences but have never read a review that said the ship was anything but very beautiful.
Old February 15th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Newt

Returned from the Western Route on the 5th, the Sun is a very beautiful ship. Clean, great staff, lots happening, would cruise on it again.
Old February 17th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Did the western route on the Sun last year. Must say she is probably my favorite ship so far. We had mini-suites and believe me they ARE worth the extra $$ I am definately doing her again. Absolutely fabulous !!!!!

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 01:25 PM
Vermont Cruiser

Sailed on the Sun 2/12 to 2/19th and loved it. Great ship, very clean, all staff very friendly. Room Stewards always called us by name. Chose to have the same table for 2 every night in the Seven Seas Dinning Room. Our wait staff made a great impression on us the 1st night and reserved with them for the week. Just walking through the ship other room stewards and cleaning staff always had a pleasant greeting. The food was great and always hot. Had a balcony room and had plenty of storage. would recomend the ship to anyone.