Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:39 AM
jayheel

Default parking in charleston?

we'll be arriving by car on april 2, to cruise the majesty and were wondering if anyone
had parked their car somewhere other than at the port? not real familiar with charleston just wondering if any suggestions of cheaper/better places to park?

chad
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to David148 Send a message via Yahoo to David148
Default Re: parking in charleston?

Well Hello CHAD!

Looks like we will be on the same cruise! ive never been to the charelston port, so im new to it also..but thought i would say hello, nice to finally meet someone on the same cruise as mine, where will u be staying ? what floor?

-David.
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Passenger

Hi! Charleston native checking in. :-)

There is parking available at the Port property itself for $12.00 per day. Reservations are not required. There is a free shuttle from the parking lot to the pier. If you want more information here is there website:
http://www.port-of-charleston.com/cr...se_parking.asp

Enjoy your cruise!
Old February 21st, 2005, 04:22 PM
jayheel

Default Re: Re: parking in charleston?

thanks for the info.
$12 a day sounds pricey. maybe my wife and i will stay at a hotel that has free parking which might be less than paying the parking fee for 7 days.
thanks again
Old February 21st, 2005, 04:23 PM
jayheel

Default Re: Re: parking in charleston?

don't know yet where my wife and i will be staying.
going guarentee at the last minute.
Old February 21st, 2005, 05:33 PM
Passenger

I too was looking for hotel where we could leave our car instead of paying the 12.00 a day parking. All the hotels near the pier cost 156.00 night to 256.00 night ( i checked lots and lots of places in historic charleston which is near port and all were very expensive so I checked hotels in Mt. Pleasant and called 843-881-1800 at Days Inn in Mt. Pleasant and she said we could leave our cars there if we stayed the night. They do not offer free shuttle to pier would have to take taxi. They are 2.3 miles from historic area but said taxi ride would take between 10 to 15 minutes to get to pier. Their rates for late March is 67.15 a night according to daysinn.com they were actually cheaper than hotels.com We have group going and most of us will be dropped off at pier and then when they get back dropping us off only a few will have to take taxi. Now I have more gambling money. We will be getting on ship on day you go.
Old February 21st, 2005, 09:52 PM
PGamble

we are going on the cruise 3/5. I have not parked at the pier before, but we go to Charleston several times a year and almost all of the hotels in and around downtown Charleston are pricey and the parking is from 10.00 to 15.00 per night. The Days Inn sounds like a good deal, but I don't know if I would want to leave my car in an open lot for 6 nights. Also, I could be wrong but I would think it is more like 4 to 5 miles from Mt. Pleasant to downtown Charleston. At the pier you will be parking in a closed building with security. Hope you have a great time in April. We have never been on a cruise and we are really looking forward to our cruise in March. PGamble