Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Kelly & Kevin

Default Roll Call: Sea 4-9-05

Anyone out there cruising on the Sea April 9th? Looking for fun people to hang out with and suggestions on shore excursions. We had a blast on our last NCL cruise in September. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Jennw

Default Re: Roll Call: Sea 4-9-05

My boyfriend and I will be on the Sea April 9th. We are still looking at shore excurisions. I don't think we are going to book through the cruise line as they seem to be much more costly.
Old February 19th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Jo T

How do you book shore excursions in advance without going through the cruise line? Have any of you been on the Sun? If so. what are your suggestinos for a 1st time cruiser?
Old February 19th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Jennw

I got a lot of ideas for shore excursions by reading reviews and these message boards. You can also get some ideas by looking at the excursions your cruise ship offers and then using a search engine to find them yourself. I have never been on the Sun. We are sailing the Sea in April. This will be my first Norweigan cruise. I have previously sailed on RC Majesty of the Seas.
Old March 5th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Kelly & Kevin

Default Re: Re: Roll Call: Sea 4-9-05

Jenn,

See my reply on March 5th topic of Hold 'Em. I shared my experience with excursions on the Sea.
Old March 5th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Jennw

Kelly & Kevin,
Thanks for the shore excursion tips. We booked a cave tubing trip for Belize last week. I probably won't plan anything for Cancun as it seems that there is a 50/50 chance the ship will make it there. Are you flying into Houston? If so, what transportation are you using from the airport to the ship? Only five more weeks. I can hardly wait!
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Kelly & Kevin

We live in Houston.
Old March 21st, 2005, 08:58 AM
LJ

We are sailing on the 9th. we are flying into houston in the a.m. got transfers to the ship as we have no clue what we are doing.
i am thinking of booking an xtream tubing in belize, motorcyles in roatan and a catamaran sail/snorkle trip in cozumel. all independently from places found online. the deals were better. i am nervous on all. nothing planned in cancun, play it by ear. i have not received any documents in the mail yet. also worried about being seasick, any input on this from anyone? only THREE weeks. see you there!
Old March 21st, 2005, 06:57 PM
Kelly & Kevin

I just called NCL because I had not received my travel documents but it turns out that they don't mail them anymore. Instead, they should have sent you an e-mail with an attachment for the travel documents.

You'll have a blast tubing in Belize. We went in September. It's a unique experience.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 06:55 PM
Jennw

Someone on the ncl roll call board on cruisecritic.com is planning a meet and greet for this cruise if anyone would like to join.