Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2005, 09:15 PM
acedoc

Default Dietary Requests on Freestyle

Does anyone know if NCL will prepare special dishes on their Freestyle cruises if given advance notice (specifically the Star)? I'll be travelling with five Hindu vegetarians. Also, How's the room service on the Star (sometimes I just gotta have breakfast in bed!)
Can't wait to do the document dance
Star to Alaska 6-19!
Ace
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2005, 12:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Dietary Requests on Freestyle

I have not been on the Star but on the 2 NCL ships I was on (the Sky and the Sun), there were some pretty decent veggie options. The Sun especially had a decent Indian food station in the buffet area (not at the buffet but in a little spot of it's own) with a couple of veggie choices (not quite spicy enough for my tastes but OK). Also the dining rooms have one veggie main course option per night. Veggie pizza and cheese and veggie sandwiches were available in the Pacific Heights restaurant at lunch. My dh loved his freshly made cheese and veggie sandwich at lunch and the Indian food at the buffet was acceptable (not as good as our neighbourhood restaurant but hey they did decent naan - something that always impresses me).
Old February 27th, 2005, 05:29 PM
acedoc

Default Re: Dietary Requests on Freestyle

Thanks, I was wondering if anyone had the chefs prepare anything special. Not that we're picky- and Italian and Tex-Mex are certainly neat options. Anyone has any input on the room service quality?
Ace