Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Spanky

Default How old do you have to be to book a cruise?

I've heard all the cruiselines require you to be 25 when booking your cruise and they won't allow you to sail unless at least one person in your party is over age 25. Is this true? I've heard all the cruiseline are the same with the exception of Carnival. Does anyone know about this?
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Ginamarie

Default Re: How old do you have to be to book a cruise?

That's an exaggeration. My husband and I went on a cruise together for our honeymoon, and neither of us was 25 yet. I think that the cruiselines have age limits, but they're for either passengers under 18 or 21, depending on the cruiseline. I have some friends that recently went on Carnival, and they were under 25, but over 21, so I'm not sure what the cut-off is. I think RCCL has a policy where each room must have one person over 21 in it. You'd have to check with each cruiseline to be sure.
Old March 5th, 2005, 09:53 AM
shoreguy

Default Re: How old do you have to be to book a cruise?

From NCL.com

"A passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years or older who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under 21 passenger throughout the cruise. This includes, but is not limited to, preventing the purchase or consumption of alcohol and preventing the violation of any ship rules."

If you are over 21 no problem booking your own cruise. I have seen that exceptions to policy have been made. Honeymoon couples both under 21 have been able to book. Lets face it with the exception of being able to drink you are considered and adult in the US at 18. I understand the drinking issue but it still amazes me you can die for your country but not buy a beer.
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:01 AM
licruiser

Default Re: Re: How old do you have to be to book a cruise?

I think the cruise lines are trying to prevent the ships from becoming a popular destination for the spring break crowd, which would certainly change the dynamics, noise level and rowdiness of the ships.

I know the spring breakers would love to go on cruises so they don't need to worry about driving drunk/stoned.

I'll bet honeymooners under 21 can get a waiver.

Thank you, cruise lines for this policy.!!!!!!