Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2005, 03:42 PM
DVT

Default Spirit Itinerary change 3/13

Anyone aware of a rumored itinerary change for the March 13 sailing of the Spirit, apparently substituting Cozumel for Roatan?
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2005, 09:24 AM
BDunn

Default Re: Spirit Itinerary change 3/13

Yes, NCL confirms Captain has changed route to Cozumel but will not give any info. Apparently the itinerary they publish & sell is not to be believed.
Old March 24th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Vicki Black

Just returned from a cruise that included both Roatan and Cozumel. If you had been to both places you would be glad to be going to Cozumel instead of Roatan. Roatan is a very poor Third World place. Cozumel has a lot more or offer especially in shore excursions. You will have a ball there.
Old March 25th, 2005, 11:59 AM
newmexicoNita

Just a couple of comments here: everyone has their own opinion of Roatan; yes, it is very poor, but those who have cruised alot the poverty in Roatan isn't any worse than St Kitts, St Lucia, Grenada, Dominican Republic, Jamaca, Belize or several other islands and the friendly people plus best snorkeling in the Western Hemosphere make up for the poverty, not to mention the beauty of the island. There are lots of excursions and things to do if you know where to look. Now about the change, well it's hindsight now, as the 13th has past, but ships and captains change itineraries quite frequently. BDunn, this is not done just on a whim, there would be a good reason, but maybe not something the cruise line thought should be shared, or maybe the rep didn't know the reason. things do happen in this world that we don't understand: this does not mean a company is not to be believed. Changing of itineraries are a constant complaint of many cruisers regardless of the line. Read the Princess, Carnival, RCI or any other threads and read the same thing. Celebrity is the worst, doesn't mean they don't have reasons for what they do. NMnita
Old March 26th, 2005, 05:34 AM
American Pride

haveing worked that itenerary several times I can tell you the thing that makes those islands so appealing is the diving. The reefs are beautiful. However, while beautiful the reefs can be dangerous for shipping. If the forcasted weather shows to high of sweels or wind, or a severe storm, for the safety of everyone onboard the Captain will change the itenerary. Now I for myself know that the only time I ever want to be on a lifeboat is during training. Now if you want to spend your cruise ina lifeboat crammed like sardines, thats up to you. As for me and most people...I think we'll argue on the side of safety.
Old March 26th, 2005, 05:45 AM
American Pride

Sorry that last post sounded a little cranky, but I get tired of defending my company from people who really have no clue. If you read any of my posts on this board you will see I defend the company when it warrants and when we're wrong I aknowledge it. However I really get tired of reading thses posts that basically read like NCL ( or Carnival, or Celebrity, or RCCL ) are in business to ruin their lives. These companies are large corporations with thousands of employees that try as hard as they can to give you a good vacation. For the most part the only ones I see dropping the ball are the ones who just refuse to relax and have a good time. Are there problems on every cruise...yes!
Will there be problems on every cruise...yes! You cant put 2 or 3000 people in one place without having some problems. Frankly, if you treat the people you approach with a little respect once in a while you might see a little better results. Coming and screaming at a receptionist because you didnt get your little towel animal. is not a life threatening thing people. We Americans are far to uptight! Relax...you spent good money to go on vacation. Go do something really unusual...like enjoy it.
To those who have had legitimate unresolved problems.....you've read most of my posts and understand my position...thanks for letting me vent.
Old March 29th, 2005, 08:43 PM
auctionbuff

Heads up American Pride....You try to look for the beauty & knowledge and not the convenience.

(Walk a mile in another man's shoe)
Old March 30th, 2005, 04:08 PM
newmexicoNita

American Pride; well said. You have my support 100%. There are lots of us who get tired of those who think someone is always out to get them. NMnita