Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Taylor

Default port change ncl pride of america 11/19

Just in case anyone has booked a cruise on NCL Pride of America 7 day cruise around the Hawaiian Islands departing November 19, 2005 - just received a message from my travel agent and confirmed it with the cruise line myself - they have changed the itinerary so that instead of staying in Hawiliwili, Kuai from 10:00 am on the 24th until6:00 pm on the 25th - we are NOW deparing at 6:00 AM on the25th - that's an entire day cancelled in port. When I called the cruise line they said the ship will be cruisiing - in other words, a day at sea which we do not want. I am very disappointed with this. Sure we could change our plans, but we have 8 family members who have non refundable/changable flights, as well as trying to get this many people to take off work. If you have booked this cruise - I would suggest you call NCL to log your complaint!
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2005, 06:05 PM
newmexicoNita

Default Re: port change ncl pride of america 11/19

At least you were forwarned, read some of the other threads dealing with other cruise lines where they found out by accident the ititnerary was changed. Your cruise will be wonderful if you let it and do't worry about the change of one thing. It may be a big thing to you, but there is a reason for this I am sure. NMnita
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:18 AM
American Pride

Default Re: port change ncl pride of america 11/19

The Itenerary changes were forced upon us by the Hawaiian port authorities due to some shceduling problems at the port. They are actually publicly claiming responsibility also. But, don't worry about the "sea day" You will actually be cruising very slowly along one of the most beautiful and scenic coastlines in the world. I have done it several times since we started operations in Hawaii and never fail to get some great pictures.