Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Rami

Default Port & Hotel for Norwegian Star

Could someone tell me what port the Norwegian Star leaves from for the Mexican Riviera cruise? I am also looking for a hotel near the port that would shuttle us to the pier. Is LAX the closest airport or is a smaller regional airport closer? Is a taxi or shuttle a better idea from the airport to the hotel? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2005, 11:57 AM
gojo

Default Re: Port & Hotel for Norwegian Star

You will be sailing out of San Pedro CA. We just stayed at the Best Western Sunrise Hotel, across the street from the Pier. You can get a shuttle from there. It is Fair. Nothing fancy, but it is fine for 1 night. The best place to stay is the Long Beach Coast Hotel and then have a taxi drive you to the Port of La.
Old March 13th, 2005, 01:39 PM
star girl

Default Re: Port & Hotel for Norwegian Star

Long beach airport (LGB) is a closer and an easier airport to get in and out of. Jet Blue flies into Long beach and we got an excellent price from Boston. Check prices for flights into both airports.

We are staying at the Sheraton right across from the pier, but I have heard that they will no longer be a Sheraton after April 1st........so I don't know what to expect.
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:02 AM
gojo

Default Re: Re: Port & Hotel for Norwegian Star

Stayed at Best Western across from the pier in San Pedro. It was ok, not terrible but just ok. They will shuttle you that morning starting at 10.00 a.m.