Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2005, 11:11 AM
First Mate

Default Best time Bermuda??

Thinking of doing a Bermuda cruise sometime in 06. Far away but would like to know when is the best time to go. Travel agent (friend) said that Norwegian is the only cruise line that sees three ports in Bermuda. We could get the ship in Philadelphia so no flying. Any input would be welcomed. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2005, 09:12 PM
kmg678

Default Re: Best time Bermuda??

Hi
My family and I sailed to Bermuda this past August 04 on the Celebrity Zenith. We had a wonderful time both on board and land. Bermuda is beautiful, the weather was gorgeous, we didn't want to leave! I loved the Zenith, the food was great, the staff treated you like you were a real celebrity, very attentative to your needs. We are from NY so we sailed right out of here, which was great! Our next cruise is this Spring on the Dawn, hopefully it will be as good as Bermuda. Good Luck with your planning.
Old March 28th, 2005, 09:14 PM
kmg678

Sorry, I forgot to mention on the Zenith we only went to 2 ports, Hamilton and St. George, Hamilton was my favorite of the two, it was breath taking!
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Admiral

I would not get hung up on the three port thing. Hamilton and St Georges are the ports you want to overnight in. Dockyard area is worth a ferry ride from Hamilton and a few hours to walk around, but personally I'd rather be in one of the other ports . Select your cruise by convenience (NY PHILI Boston etc) ship /line.
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:57 PM
kcusick

Weather wise, it depends on if you like it warm or hot. Bermuda gets humid. Personally, we like early May for a cruise. Not only are the cruise prices cheaper + less kids on board, but the Easter lillies are still in bloom and the weather is warm, not hot and humid. It's not guaranteed great beach weather everyday, but we're more into taking long walks on the beach rather than soaking up the rays. Early May, you may need a light sweater or jacket in the mornings or evenings, but it certainly isn't cold.
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:53 PM
mpm

Default Re: Re: Best time Bermuda??

We prefer May to visit Bermuda; in fact, we will be going on our cruise on May1 from Boston...... we have been there in May when it has been very hot....Bermuda is beautiful whenever you visit...we are looking forward to our 12th visit there...Once you go there am sure that you will return weather it is flying or by cruise ship...we have done both many times....there is so much to see and do there..we especially enjoy going to the dockyard on the west end..on the way there is Gibbs Lighthouse.. the perfume factory..Rum Swizzle Inn..visiting the town of Hamilton.....the Crystal Caves...we enjoy walking the railway trail...the list could go on and on... of course time is limited when going by cruise ship..the busses will take you where you want to go.. or if you are daring you can rent a moped...we have done that many times.. but you do have to be aware.....Enjoy..
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:54 PM
mpm

Default Re: Re: Re: Best time Bermuda??

spelling error......whether....NOT weather....
Old April 1st, 2005, 12:25 PM
First Mate

Thanks for all your information. Sounds like Bermuda will be the destination next year. We usually like to cruise in the spring. May sounds like an ideal time to go. Thank you so much for your posts.

Old April 14th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Old Navy Banker

Mid-April through June is best for Bermuda - it gets pretty humid later - plus storm season kicks up later in the summer. The Dockyard is a waste of time - nothing but souvenir shops and a small museum - which you can easily visit by ferry from Hamilton.

ST George is good - you can bus or motor-bike all over the island from there - that's why Majesty from Boston is best bet - all three days there - beats the crowds on Hamilton Front Street and the tourist trap of Dockyard.
Old April 23rd, 2005, 03:09 PM
Beginner

June is the best time I think to go. We went in May, JUne and JUly. JuLY is tooooo hot and humid. May was warm but the water is cool. June was our favorite time. The weather if perfect and the water is nice and refreshing....Enjoy
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:58 AM
PACruizer

I will let you know next week, my just sailed from Philadelphia yesterday 4/24/05 on the NCL Crown.
Old April 25th, 2005, 06:53 PM
PACruizer

My wife just sailed out of Philly yesterday 4/24/05,on the Crown for Bermuda. Wow she is only gone one day and I forgot about her already, not really I miss her, wink, wink.
Old April 27th, 2005, 01:21 PM
First Mate

We just got off a 10 day where we visited St. vincent, Grenada, Martinique, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, it was wonderful. Brother and sister in law want Bermuda and I'm anxious to start planning. We are close to Baltimore and Philly so we can drive to either port, I wonder how rough the Atlantic Ocean is?? Well there is those little pills for sea sickness!!! Let me know how the wife liked cruising out of Philly, would appreciate any info. Enjoy being "single" again and eating at all those great fast food places :-)

Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

I've been to Bermuda, but not on a cruise ship. We went in November for a week. Your best bet would be during the summer when its the warmest. We could not swim in either the ocean or our pool (its too cold).

Rates drop during hurricane season for obvious reasons, but be aware if you travel during this time, you do run the risk of bumping into one and because you are in the Atlantic ocean, it can be rough.
Old May 7th, 2005, 07:51 AM
PACruizer

My wife loved leaving from Philly, she said it was a much less hassle free compared to leaving from New York and leaving the ship was just as easy.The security was excellent. You were right about fast food for a week, I grew tired of it very fast. But, I'm back to normal again, I think.
Old May 7th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

The answer to the question is to read the post from Papa Bill and the post from Old Navy Banker.. Papa Bill is correct.. Don't get hung up on the ports.. Just go to St George like Old Navy Banker says and take the bus all over the island..(buy a four day bus pass).. If you take the ship to "all of the of the ports", you'll just waste time.. If you take the bus to the "ports" it's a lot easer.OM
Old May 9th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Parrot Mom

We like to cruise to Bermuda the last week in May or the first two weeks in June before the kids are out of school. We have also sailed the second and third week in September...otherwise in September weather could be rough. B Bermuda has become over the past few years hot and humid...and don't get hung up on three docks.. With four new high speed ferries and the buses you can get everywhere
Old May 12th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Bermuda is beautiful, warm and pretty sunny from May through late October so you can go anytime.

www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:21 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Best time Bermuda??

I agree that the Dockyard is a waste of time. I would much rather be in Hamilton and St George. If you snorkel go to Tobacco Bay, you can snorkel off the beach out to big rocks, great fish, I came face to face with a very large grouper, gruesome looking thing.
We have done Bermuda 3 times, once by land and two by sea, both times on Celebrity Horizon. Always a good time.
Happy Cruising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer of Sea 2003
Norwegian Dawn 2004,2005
Voyager of the Sea 05/05
Celebrity Zenith 1/23/06
Celebrity Century 11/13/06
Norwegian Dawn DD cruise 10/14/06
Celebrity Constellation TA 9/15/07
Norwegian Dawn 10/25-26 Nowhere