Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2005, 11:56 AM
annieschu

Default Norwegian Sun to Beleize/Roatan critique please??

there will be 16 of us on the Sun from Miami on 4/9-16.....anyone just back and can tell us the ins and outs??? Especially what to do and not to do in Roatan/Beleize??
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2005, 01:56 PM
sparky2005

Default Re: Norwegian Sun to Beleize/Roatan critique please??

I JUST RETURNED FROM THE SEA AND ROATAN WAS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PORT! THE COUNTRY IS BEAUTIFUL! I DID THE CANOPY TOUR AND THEN YOU GO TO TABYANA BEACH FOR THE DAY. I LOVED THAT WE HAD A BLAST ON THE CANOPY! IN BELIZE WE DID THE CAVE TUBING. THE COUNTRY IS PRETTY AND WE DID THE CAVE TUBING. IT WAS FUN, BUT I WOULDN'T DO IT AGAIN. ENJOY!
Old March 24th, 2005, 03:38 PM
JennCandi

I went on the Sun over Thanksgiving Week and loved it!! In Roatan we rented a scooter and went around the island ourselves. I wouldn't recommend this. It was fun, but dangerous. If we had known about the canopy, we would of done that.

In Belize we did the cave tubing / zip lining. That was the best excursion I've ever been on. The cave tubing is kind of boring, but the zip lining is a blast!

The Sun in general was great. It was my first cruise though, so I have nothing to compare it to. We are going on Royal Caribbean in June, so we'll see how the two lines compare.

Jenn
Old March 24th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Passenger

We leave on Saturday on the Sun. Will let you know when we return! We've booked Belize cave tubing with Nacho, StingRays with Capt. Marvins, and plan to do the zip line in Roatan.
Old March 24th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Jo T

Hi Annie,
I'll be on the same cruise as you - my first cruise. There is a roll call on cruisecritic.com and some people there may also be able to help you.
Old March 25th, 2005, 10:48 AM
newmexicoNita

We have done this itinerary about 3 or 4 times now: Our favorite island in Roatan, yes, as you have heard from others, it's a very poor island, but the people are super friendly. We have done several things: 1-taken the Tabyana Beach trip (awesome) hired a driver and did the island, stopping a couple of little shopping areas, the beach for about 2 hours, etc. This was a great trip and I think he charged us about $20 each. There were 6 of us. We also have done just a beach trip and this past November a private island which was set up by our conceirge. That was the best we have done, weather was awful that day, so the snorkeling was the same, awful! Be sure to bring insect repellent. the little invisble sand flies get very hungry and love to nibble on tourist legs, arms, back or wherever. You can't see them yet if you don't use the spray before going onto the beach you will soon know they had you for lunch. Belize isn't our favorite place. I have heard, but haven't done it; the tubing trip is wonderful. Other than that there isn't much worth getting off the ship for. Our opinion only; 1/2 agree and 1/2 do not. Hope this helps you a little. The Sun is a wonderful ship, my favorite!! Be sure and eat, at least once in an alternative dining room as well as visiting the tapa bar. NMnita