Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2005, 08:26 PM
tquilla34

Default under age drinking or gambling??

We are going on the Sea this weekend!!!!! We are taking our 3 kids. One is almost 21, one is almost 20 and the other is almost 18. The 2 older ones want to know if they can drink on the ship>? Since Mexico is 18 for the legal limit. I know that the 'rules' is 21, but do they really monitor? If I buy a beer and one of the boys take it to drink it, will they get in trouble? If they cant drink on the ship, can they drink in Mexico and get back on without problems? Can they drink on the shore excursions like... Passion Island? The youngest wants to know if he will be able to do the slot machines>? He actually looks older then the other 2. This month they changed the gambling to 18. Just wondering if anyone knew? I hope we dont sound like big partiers, but the kids want to have fun and I know they drink at school. Thanks Tquilla34
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2005, 09:32 PM
newmexicoNita

Default Re: under age drinking or gambling??

NCL is very strict; the answer is NO WAY, but that doesn't mean you can't get them a drink. No one is going to stop you I am rather certain. As for gambling, I think that too, is 21, but again, unless they look very young I wouldn't be too concerned. NMnita
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:00 PM
tquilla34

Default Re: Re: under age drinking or gambling??

I did check with NCL this week about the gaming. As of March 1, they did change it to 18. Thanks for the info. Tquilla34
Old April 9th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Cruuuusing

NCL just changed their drinking age to 18 within the past week! Call their 800 # if you want, and they'll verify that for you.
Old April 13th, 2005, 05:31 PM
XYC

the children can drink- providing they are with their parents
.. so any age kind of
and gambling.. 18 and older
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:16 PM
shoreguy

18 or older can now drink beer or wine with a release signed by the parent. A reasonable new rule. It seems you may have missed this change by a week or so