Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:36 PM
cunchick

Default NCL Sun, Nov 2005

Just booked NCL Sun for November 6th out of New Orleans. Haven't been on NCL since I cruised on the Norway maybe 8 years ago.

Does NCL Sun have lobster at least one night in the main dining rooms or do you have to go to the surcharge dining rooms for a lobster fix? Do they still have their chocolate buffet, if so, what did you think about it? Does the Sun have a midnight buffet (not that I can stay up that late) or are these a thing of the past? We were on RCCL a couple of years ago and they didn't have a midnight buffet.

We booked a balcony cabin forward on the Norway deck, anyone had any experience with these cabins. I normally go midship, but this was a 2 cat upgrade and this cabin was the one considered "best available".
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:13 AM
JennCandi

Default Re: NCL Sun, Nov 2005

They have lobster one night in the main dinning room, but we missed it. They did have a chocolate buffet on the last day at sea. It looked very impressive, but I didn't think the chocolate was great. I didn't see a midnight buffet, but they do have dessert out at that time. Have a great time. The Sun is a lot of fun!
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:50 AM
First Mate

Basically I agree with JennCandi. Lobster tails are served on night in the main dining rooms. I had 2 tails - one excellent, one OK and one a little tough. The choclate buffet is fine (but not gourmet). No midnight buffet - most cruiselines seem to be stopping doing those. Our cabin was on the promenade deck - so I can't help you there. The Sun is a great ship. I hope you have a good time.
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:03 AM
cunchick

thanks for the info!