Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2005, 03:17 PM
teach

Default Houston (La Porte) Hotel

Anyone just back from the Sea that stayed at a good and reasonably priced hotel? Also, any good deals on parking near the port?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
Pata

Default Re: Houston (La Porte) Hotel

We have stayed at the LaQuinta in LaPorte and found is quite nice. There is also a resturant on the same block. I believe I have read on the boards that they now offer free parking for the cruisers. We parked at the terminal because it is right there as you leave the ship and easy to get in and out . Last year the cost at the terminal parking was $7 a day or $49 for the week, payable in cash only. Hope this helps.

Pat
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:51 PM
First Mate

I have a reservation next month at the Comfort Suites (902 S. 8th St) in La Porte. Their phone number is (281) 842-9200. I called this hotel because it was recommended in the latest AAA hotel guidebook.

Our rate for 2 adults (w/AAA discount of 10%) - $53.96 (total w/taxes)

It's a 3 story hotel w/interior rooms. Free local calls, refrigerator & microwave and a complimentary hot full breakfast. The best part is FREE PARKING for all cruisers. They said the cruise parking lot is lighted and right across the street is the police station. They have a shuttle that takes you right to the pier for $5.00 pp. Even if you don't want to park for free, still sounds like a great spot.
Old April 7th, 2005, 05:17 PM
crewsin250

There is a brand new Days Inn in Kemah we stayed at on 3/12/05 and its next to police station. Its about 8 miles from the cruise terminal and a 1/2 mile from the boardwalk. The Boardwalk is very nice and has a amusement park and several nice places to eat.
Old April 10th, 2005, 02:37 PM
First Mate

Note: I called the Comfort Suites Hotel and they tell me that the Kemah Boardwalk is 10 minutes down the road. It will be quieter staying where we are, than a hotel closer to the amusement park...but if you have small kids maybe you want to be within walking distance to the park!