Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Passenger

Default Sea-Houston-Hotels

I will be sailing on the Sea on it's repositioning cruise in July. I know nothing about the Houston area. We will be flying into IAH the night before and renting a van from Enterprise for $75 inc tax. I booked rooms at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Seabrook for $60 per night. Did I do OK? Has anybody stayed at the Comfort Inn in Seabrook? What is the area like around the hotel? I know the port itself is nothing, but hoped the hotel is in a nicer area. If you have any info I would really appreciate it.

Paul
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2005, 09:29 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Sea-Houston-Hotels

We live in Seabrook. The Comfort Inn is new and looks nice. I know my brother who comes to Houston regularly stays nearby at the Hampton Inn. I think it is was built a few months before the Comfort Inn, and he just continues to stay there. They both are nice. Seabrook is a small town on Galveston Bay-- we are in what is known as the Clear Lake Area. We have 11 miles of waterfront. The Clear Lake area is also the third largest boating center in the United States. We have lots of marinas. I believe the Port of Houston terminal is about twelve miles from the Comfort Inn. If you like seafood, you have come to the right place. If you just have one day here you might want to go to the Kemah Boardwalk. It is about three miles from the Comfort Inn. They have many restaurants right on the water. There are also shops, and carnival rides, etc. A very popular attraction in this area. You can find out about Seabrook at the city homepage.
Just put in Seabrook, Texas and you will find the city website. Click on tourism for more information. The Kemah Boardwalk also has a website. Just put in Kemah Boardwalk.
You can then get an idea of the different types of restaurants, etc. If I can answer any other questions, let me know. Enjoy your stay in Seabrook and your upcoming cruise!
Old April 19th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Sea-Houston-Hotels

Thanks for the great info....you just never know if the information on the internet is accurate....it's always nice to hear someone's personal experience. I think the Comfort in will be just fine! Again thanks for the info!
Paul
Old April 19th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wiseguy: Check with your TA or NCL for a " NCL transport " from the airport . If you are using your own air they usually charge $10 a person, and if you are using their air, it is free. My sister who is a TA just checked with NCL and they will give you a tranport from IAH but not Hobby.
We will be sailing out of Houston in Nov. on the Dream
Enjoy your cruise

Monarch of the Seas Jan. 2005 Baja Calif.
NCL Dream Nov. 2005 Western Caribbean
Monarch of the Seas Mar 2006 Baja Calif.
NCL Star Oct. 2006 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Nov. 2007 Southern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas May 2009 Pacific Coastal
Mariner of the Seas June 2009 Mexican Riviera
RCI Radiance of the Seas
Old May 29th, 2005, 12:04 PM
nrgbunny

Default Re: Re: Sea-Houston-Hotels

Wiseguy: My mom and I will be on the same July repositioning cruise as you. We're also flying into IAH (from California). We're taking a slightly different spin on the night before lodging - we're getting a hotel in the Galleria area of Houston so we can shop and dine in the fun, upscale area of Houston. The day of the cruise we'll grab a cab to the port! I just didn't want us to be near the port area without transportation and limited choices of how to spend our free time prior to the cruise. M
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:33 PM
Beginner

Hello all,

I'm flying into IAH on Friday, June 10 to sail on the Sea that Saturday. We're staying at the Airport Marriott. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do for dinner around the IAH area? Also, I was planning on simply going back to the airport and hopping on Norwegian's Coach Saturday morning to get to the pier. Is this something I should book in advance, or can I just show up Saturday morning and get on?

Thanks for the help!