Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2005, 06:26 PM
gina jensen

Default Mexican Riviera Jan. Weather

Hi Everyone-

I Have a group that is wanting to go on the Norwegian Star's Jan 12th. 2006 sailing. I was on Carnivals Mexico sailing in March of 2004 and the days at sea out of LA and back in to LA were somewhat overcast/chilly and the sea was rocky.

Can anyone who has sailed this itin during January tell me what the weather was like. Are you able to lay out in the sun on the days at sea or is it just to cold. Can they expect the weather to be warm in all the ports (Cabo has the lowest average during this time).

Many of these people will be first time cruisers and I certainly want them to enjoy themselves as much as possible and I know that for many people the sun is very important (myself included)! he he.

The point of the family cruise is for one couple to get married. Does anyone have any experience with NCL weddings and/or weddings in the Mexican Ports?

Lastly, I have cruised many times, but never on NCL. One of our groups favorite things about group cruising is that we can all do our own thing knowing that we will all see each other at dinner. I am a little unsure how this will work with the free style dining. Can you make reservations for big groups in the "free" dining rooms as well as the "pay dining rooms to ensure that your group can sit together? Are some of the pay dining rooms just not for kids?

Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

Sincerely,

Gina Jensen
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Dolores

Default Re: Mexican Riviera Jan. Weather

We went on the Star in January this year. The weather was pretty cool the entire trip. Obviously, some warmer down towards Mexico, but still used a towel to cover up most of the time on deck - also windy. There were very few people in the pool, (except for kids) and jacuzzis were used only occassionally. It did rain a couple days on us - but didn't spoil the trip - we just found inside activiites to do.

You can make reservations in the grand atrium lobby every day for dinner. You can make them for whatever your group size is - it is pretty convenient and if you can be flexible, you can get basically any time you need, but you may have to change your date- but they only book a couple days in advance. The earlier the better.