Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Snick's Guy

Default NCL Sea Demographic

Hi---

Leaving for the Norwegian Sea on May 7.

Question:

What is the demographic for this one-week cruise out of Texas at this time of year?

I understand that there may be less families this time of year, as school is not yet out (thus the reason we booked for May).

Our group is in it's early 40's, and enjoy a diverse group on board. Our last cruise was las December on the Sun Princess (10-day cruise before the holidays), and found the average age was well over 65, with very few people under that age. Again, we enjoy being around people of ALL ages, just would rather have a good mix, rather than one age group be dominant (whether young or old).

Also, I am guessing there will be less East Coast people on this ship, as it sails from Texas. Is that also correct?

Thanks for your replies.
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:21 PM
First Mate

Default Re: NCL Sea Demographic

I'm sailing on this ship/same cruise on May 21st. I expect you will see fewer school age children on this cruise, althought toddlers/infants will be plentiful. This will be the 4th NCL cruise for me and I always see a broad age range of adults, but most on this line are 40 somethings. I suspect a lot of homeschool families choose your same timeframe to avoid the crowded children's programs and possibly because the price does go up beginning Memorial Day weekend.

You'll have a great time!
Old April 26th, 2005, 03:39 PM
newmexicoNita

Sailing the Sea will be a different experience from the Sun Princess in many ways. We love the Sea but not for the same reasons we love other lines and ships. We love her because she is smaller, the crew is exceptionally friendly and the itinerary is great. As for ages and home states of those sailing with you; the majority of the ship will be from the southwest and mid west; Tx, OK, NM, La, etc. They will be very down to earth and most will not be expecting a 5 star experience. The age range will be, as it is with most NCL ships, very diverse with the average age being mid 40s to early 50s I would guess and the number of children will be far less than during holiday or summer time. Hope this helps a little. Have a wonderful time.

NMNita
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Happy Camper

When cruising at that time last year on Carnival the age was deffinately mostly 60 and up but probably 30% were 40s and 50s or younger with non school age kids. Also expect lots of blue jeans as us Texas people think that is what "casual" is. Enjoy!!! I do love going out of Texas and New Orleans but being from New York myself the diversity on the Miami trips was nice too. You may also have Canadian and California in the mix as the air fare is cheaper and shorter from California and they usually run specials out of Texas for the Canada people... Debbie
Old May 1st, 2005, 07:57 PM
Passenger

We just got off the Sea yesterday. We were surprised by the wide age range of passengers, from 20 something's to 70's. There were lots of kids, from babies to teens. There was a high school senior trip there also. LOTS of school age kids. Surprisingly enough, they were pretty much well-behaved. The last sea day some of the kids were rough-housing at the pool but it still wasn't bad. Overall I was quite pleased with the behavior of the kids. The staff was especially attentive of the very young children.

People were from all over the US. New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Arizona, California, Washington, and even some from Canada. I thought it would mostly midwestern states too but I was wrong. It was lots of fun too.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:56 PM
Beginner

Travelled the Sea last summer. The crowd has a very local flavor-half of Texas likes the price. Go with the flow. Don't worry that it is dated and could use some paint. The attitude is fun and very middle of the road. It is not the beautiful people, just regular people. Didn't check your iteneray but if it includes Belize and Roatan you will have a great time.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:59 PM
Captain

Have had a wonderful time on the Sea. Yes, they'll be lotsa Texans, Okies and Cajuns which is why they have to use a smaller ship - too much more of those folks in combination would be lethal! It is a nicely behaved group of down home folks - have a good 'un.