Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
Beginner

Default Help! NCL Sea problem 6/11

Thanks in advance for reading this. I'm sorry if this gets long.

I booked two cabins aboard the Sea for June 11, 2005 with an online cruise agency. The other day I received the documents for my cabin but did not receive them for the other cabin. I called the agency and they said the second reservation was never confirmed. This could not be the case since I confirmed both at the same time online. The problem is that now the ship is full and they are telling me that there is no way to get a second cabin on this sailing. I guess my questions are whether there is a customer service number for NCL and how likely they wil be able to help me move my reservation to another sailing. I understand that technically at this point my fare is not refundable, but I don't want to cancel my cruise. I merely want to change the date so that all four of us may travel together as we had originally intended.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2005, 01:24 PM
newmexicoNita

Default Re: Help! NCL Sea problem 6/11

What a bummer and it won't do any good to say what I am thinking. I don't have the phone number but hopefully someone does. As for doing any good, probably not, but you surely can try. Do you have a ccard statement that shows you paid? did the stupid company offer any suggestions or offer some kind of compensation, maybe a different cruise? I just can't believe these things happen, but they do. Please keep us posted.

NMNita
Old June 2nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
newmexicoNita

eibzz,

I just checked and although there are only a few cabins left, the wedsite does show interieor cabins still available. why don't you try calling NCL direct, reserve one and then worry about getting your money back for the other. I know it isn't a ideal situation, but it's better than nothing. BTW, just cause they are showing a few cabins avail right now it doesn't mean they will be there even 30 minutes from now.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 03:03 PM
Beginner

Hello all,

Thanks to anyone who offered help and support. My trip is back on after much ado. I spoke to a supervisor at NCL and he found the last cabin on the ship. Thanks again everyone! Happy cruising!
Old June 2nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Ginamarie

I'm so glad to hear that your problem was cleared up! I'd been thinking about this post all day.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 10:07 PM
newmexicoNita

I am so glad you were able to get something. What a nightmere this could have been for you. Have a great trip and give us a report when you return.

NMNita