CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   childrens programs on the STAR (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/220122-childrens-programs-star.html)

hostess April 26th, 2005 06:27 PM

childrens programs on the STAR

we are thinking of doing the star to Mexico. I can't find out to much info on the kids programs. If anyone has been on the star and used kids programs ,please let me know. WE have a 3 1/2 yr old and 7 yr who have cruised before and love it, my husband and I like to have some alone time for a nice quite dinner or two. Any other info on this ship would be helpful. Happy Cruising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jean H May 15th, 2005 02:47 AM

Re: childrens programs on the STAR

My daugter was on the Star April 05, her children were 3. 1/2 & 6. 1/2 She said the kids programme was excellent open from 7: AM to 10:PM & a moderate fee after that. She booked the Pirate cruise on line saved $90 , but it was very hot & a little too long . WE were on there in Feb & really enjoyed it . we got to Long Beach at 10:15 AM & were on board by 11:30 AM it gets very busy from 1:PM onwards long lines.

OLD MAN May 15th, 2005 08:43 AM

I thought the Star left from San Pedro. When did it start leaving from Long Beach?? OM

Jean H May 15th, 2005 10:58 AM

O M you are correct , sorry

Adrian May 19th, 2005 10:56 AM

We were on that cruise last month with our 6 and 16 year old sons. Our 6 year old had an absolute blast in the kids club and we really enjoyed having that service available. The counselors were all great with the kids and there were lots of fun activities on tap. The times shown above are not correct - here is a more accurate schedule:

Sea days:

9:30 - 12:00
2:30 - 5:00
7:00 - 10:00

Then there is private babysitting available for $5 an hour per child.

Port Days:

They usually will have a little something in the morning for maybe an hour or so, then again from 7 to 10 in the evening with private sitting available.

Our 16 year old didn't have quite as good a time, but that's because the teens just wouldn't show up for the activities, and of course there's nothing the ship can do about that. There were lots of activities planned and they looked like a lot of fun to me, but there were about 50 kids on board in the proper age range, but only 5 or 6 of them would ever show up for the activities. But he found a couple of kids to hang around with and still managed to have a very good time.

The only minor gripe that we had was that the kids club is located way at the furthest back of the boat and most of the activities as well as our cabin were located at the other end of the boat, so we spent a lot of time trotting up and down the halls to drop off or retrieve our son. Other than that, we were really impressed with the Kids Club.

Thanks!

Adrian

Norweigan Star 4/22/05