Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2005, 07:05 AM
PIJ

Default Norwegian Sun Mini-suites-On the stern

Anyone ever stayed in the mini suites on the stern of the Sun. Wondering how noisy they were and any other info. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2005, 03:11 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Norwegian Sun Mini-suites-On the stern

We are booked in one (AF) next month for Alaska overlooking the wake. I'll be glad to share info when we return! This link below may give you insight (lots of pics to click on):
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...light=8079+sun

We have stayed on the aft before of the Sky (sister ship) and noticed only slight vibration. Nothing to bother either of us at all - and that was our first cruise. From everything I have read, we have made a great choice upgrading from our balcony cabin to an aft mini-suite.
Old May 7th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Passenger

I was in a Penthouse Aft on the Sun in January (Deck 10). I never noticed any vibration at all. In Grand Cayman, some soot from the funnel landed on the verandah. Very little though and not troublesome at all. I guess the wind was "just right" that day. This was my first aft cabin after three port balcony cabins. I will never do anything other than aft again! I am already booked on HAL Zuiderdam and Carnival Glory in aft cabins. I'm taking a bow cabin on the Jewel in January just to see (and the verandahs are larger than aft). I think you will like it.
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:37 PM
PIJ

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Sun Mini-suites-On the stern

Any info when you get back would be great. Thanks. My name is Michael. pijod@att.net
Old May 8th, 2005, 08:52 PM
First Mate

Michael - Will do! Seriously though, I have only read terrific things about the aft minisuites.

cfarris -

Enjoy the Zuiderdam! We were on her this past Thanksgiving (inside cabin though). However, one of the people we met online had an aft, and they loved it! We ended up having drinks with them before dinner each night and they were very pleased with their cabin. We loved the itinerary of the Zuiderdam - it gave us plenty of time to return to our wedding beach on St John due to extra long port time in St Thomas. Have fun!
Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:39 PM
PIJ

Still lookin' for any more info on stern mini-suites- Morwegian Sun
Old June 19th, 2005, 08:52 AM
PIJ

STILL looking for opinions on aft cabins- Norwegian Sun. Thanks
Old June 22nd, 2005, 04:28 PM
First Mate

Just back last night from our NCL Sun cruise. We had aft minisuite 9278 and our friends had the mini nextdoor - 9078. The only "noise" we heard was the soothing sound of the wake down below when we would keep the door open (would stay open on it's own - a sliding glass door). No vibrations except if the ship was docking or making a hard turn in front of Sawyer Glacier to turn around - and even then, it's not like a "big" vibration. Location and views were excellent. Layout was very good - at first it seemed like a lot of furniture in a small space, but we grew to overlook that. Very spacious. More storage than we could ever need on a 7-day cruise, even with bulky Alaska clothing. The pictures I shared in the previous link are right-on-target. Definitely a terrific minisuite location!!!
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:06 PM
PIJ

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Sun Mini-suites-On the stern

Thanks for the info. I'm convinced we will love it.