Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Norwegian Majesty

Has anyone been on her recently? The reviews at Reader Reviews are all pretty old. I'm thinking of booking a cruise on her for next spring and am looking for a more current opinion.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Norwegian Majesty

I am leaving this Sunday (5/15) on Majesty. I, too, am interested in some current reviews. There seems to be quite a bit or reviews from the Caribbean on Majesty, but I'm interested in the Bermuda run. From what I've read, people either love it or hate it There doesn't seem to be any middle ground. I'll be sure to let you know how it was when I return.
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Thanks Kannis. I read some reviews on another board about the Bermuda trips. The biggest complaint seems to be rough seas (which isn't Norwegians fault) and bad food at the buffet. Most everyone said that the food in the dining rooms was great, as was the food in the supper club (additional charge), the staff wonderful and Bermuda was gorgeous. There were a few complainers about the size of the inside cabins, but most said they had adequate space.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:02 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Majesty

we sailed the MAjesty last year and loved it...we are sailing it again this July. This ship is a work horse, not the biggest or the most gleaming. but relaxing ..fun and high energy. I found all the food to be , good. I mean a buffet will always be a buffet. The "vibe" on this ship is just wonderful, IMHO.

NCL Boston to Bermuda
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just took the Majesty from Boston to Bermuda and got back on the 8th. This was our second cruise, the first one being before it was redone. I noticed a big difference--new carpeting, chairs reappolstered, in public areas, etc. Much improved over last time, but no improvements in the cabins themselves that I noticed. Still cabins were neat and clean as was the rest of the ship. The crew is much more on top of keeping everything clean. Everywhere you go, there's hand sanitizers and they don't let you back on the ship without sanitizing your hands first. Also, during the day you will find crew wiping down the public railings--very good. The food in the dining rooms and Le Bistro was excellent. Buffet was just OK. As always the rolls, breads and breakfast Danish were to die for! Entertainment was really good. Don't miss The Liar's Club. We were laughing so hard our sides hurt!
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to DPMinc
Default Re: Norwegian Majesty Update

Residents in St. George’s, Bermuda, watched in horror yesterday morning as the cruise ship Norwegian Majesty knocked into three yachts moored in Powder Hall anchorage and almost sucked one yacht under - as its passengers screamed for help on the radio. An eyewitness and dock master at the St. George’s Dinghy Club, Gary Brangman said he just arrived at work at about 9 a.m. when he heard some people say the cruise ship was coming into St. George’s.

Paul

Norwegian Dream, Sun, Spirit
Royal Caribbean Grandeur/Sea
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:41 PM
First Mate

Residents in St. George’s watched in horror yesterday morning as the cruise ship Norwegian Majesty knocked into three yachts moored in Powder Hall anchorage and almost sucked one yacht under – as its passengers screamed for help on the radio.
An eyewitness and dock master at the St. George’s Dinghy Club, Gary Brangman said he just arrived at work at about 9 a.m. when he heard some people say the cruise ship was coming into St. George’s. “We couldn’t believe it because the wind was so strong, so we all went outside to watch,” he said.
Mr. Brangman said the winds were gusting up to 33 knots at times as the Norwegian Majesty made her way through the Town Cut.
“There was a yacht moored on the south side of the channel, almost inside the channel, and it looked like the yachts’ anchor chain got tangled in the cruise ship’s propeller,” he said.
Mr. Brangman said it all happened so quickly that he still can’t believe it, but the yacht, Serengeti, appeared to lurch at a 45 degree angle and it looked as if she would be sucked under the cruise ship and smashed to pieces.
“We could hear on the radio the people on the Serengeti shouting for help. It was terrible,” he said. He said miraculously the Serengeti seemed to bounce back up to the surface and float away, but the cruise ship’s propeller seemed to have been damaged as it swung sharply to one side and apparently couldn’t turn – knocking into two other yachts moored in Power Hall Anchorage.
“It looked like the lines on these two yachts snapped loose and they broke away,” he said. He said besides some obvious damage to its rigging, the Serengeti and the other two yachts appeared to have escaped serious damage.
“It was quite a show and we were very concerned about the people on the Serengeti, it could have been disastrous... fatal if they had been sucked under the cruise ship,” he said.
The incident is being investigated by the Marine Police and Pilot Warden, Edward Welch said late yesterday afternoon that he was still waited for the report from the pilot.

Paul
Old May 13th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Majesty arrives every Tuesday around 9:00AM, stays in St. Georges until Friday noon. There are 2 other ships that dock in St. Georges and leave before Majesty leaves each Friday. They are NCL Crown and Celebrity Horizen. It couldn't have been the Majesty. Please check your information!
Old May 13th, 2005, 02:33 PM
patch

Was in fact the Majesty.. checked the Royal Gazette news....
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:04 PM
First Mate

Majesty departed St George already, was supposed to depart at 12pm their time, not sure if it left late.

Paul

Norwegian Dream, Sun, Spirit
Royal Caribbean Grandeur/Sea